Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accy Photos (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f73/)
-   -   The new Photo Competition (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f73/the-new-photo-competition-63213.html)

susie123 30-12-2012 17:31

Re: The new Photo Competition

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1034863)
There you go...I knew I didn't dream it.

I saw that and clicked on it but nowhere does it say - this is what you must do to have a go at the comp - and to upload photos go to top RHS and click on upload...

Sorry but I like things spelt out in words of one syllable and I always RTFM when I buy some new toy - which most men don't. That's why I get so annoyed with Richard, after three years he still doesn't know how to do the most basic things on his posh camera - total waste of money if you ask me.

Margaret Pilkington 30-12-2012 17:43

I have to admit....I only refer to the manual when there is something I either don't know how to do...or have done so infrequently, that I have forgotten.
It is much more fun to fly by the seat of your pants......I have heard it called 'errorful learning'...you learn by your mistakes.

Anyway, the manual is so long winded!

Mick 31-12-2012 07:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by susie123 (Post 1034864)
I saw that and clicked on it but nowhere does it say - this is what you must do to have a go at the comp - and to upload photos go to top RHS and click on upload...

Sorry but I like things spelt out in words of one syllable and I always RTFM when I buy some new toy - which most men don't. That's why I get so annoyed with Richard, after three years he still doesn't know how to do the most basic things on his posh camera - total waste of money if you ask me.

Sorry if i did not make things clear i will try again as you also did not see this in my first post:D:rolleyes::p

If you have any questions about the competition please send me a pm and i will try to answer you as soon as i can :D

Mick 31-12-2012 09:02

Just for other members that dont know or cant click on the link in the first post
The competition is in the GALLEREY please click the link below

LINK TO GALLERY COMPETION HERE

---------------------------------------------------
The All New Photo Competition - Accrington Photo Gallery:wave:

---------------------------------------------------

Link Above:lol:

Less 31-12-2012 10:02

Hey Mick, I'd like to enter the competition, but I can't find a link to my cameras shutter button.

susie123 31-12-2012 10:05

Sorry Mick no offence meant, I was having an off day yesterday. I knew the previous comps were in the gallery, my brain just wouldn't go any further.

Anyway thanks for setting it up, hope it's a success.

ossy kid 04-01-2013 00:57

I,m going to do it, this year I'm def. going to do it---- I click on the link, new screen, I click on download photos, new screen ????? now what somebody hold my hand please.

susie123 04-01-2013 01:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by ossy kid (Post 1035530)
I,m going to do it, this year I'm def. going to do it---- I click on the link, new screen, I click on download photos, new screen ????? now what somebody hold my hand please.

Just fill in the boxes on the screen that appears after you click upload photos, that's the easy bit, finding that screen was what I found difficult (see my earlier posts :mad::(). Then click the button to upload the photo from your computer. Unlike posting in threads it appears you don't have to worry about file size when posting your pic which makes a nice change.
Good luck!

Mick 08-01-2013 06:36

Come on more photos needed in the competition
There must be more than 8 members on this site that has a camera :camera8:
get your photos in and have some fun
you have until friday 11th at 10pm to upload your photos then i will close the uploads and you will then have until Sunday 13th 10pm to vote.:camera8::camera8:

davemac 08-01-2013 10:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mick (Post 1036048)
Come on more photos needed in the competition
There must be more than 8 members on this site that has a camera :camera8:
get your photos in and have some fun
you have until friday 11th at 10pm to upload your photos then i will close the uploads and you will then have until Sunday 13th 10pm to vote.:camera8::camera8:

It may be an idea to ask for photos outside of the photo section as not everyone contributes or knows about this section.
I cant do this myself as it would look like I was touting for votes.

I also noticed that the number voting was small although the number of times a photo has been viewed can be high, as a new contributer I don't know if this is the "norm".

Margaret Pilkington 08-01-2013 10:49

I think that maybe some people wait until the date for uploads passes before making a vote.......thinking someone might upload something they like better...you can change your vote at any time...but maybe they don't realise this.

davemac 09-01-2013 09:54

Thanks Mick, just noticed the request in forum news....... Could I also suggest that we have a prize of £1000 for the winner, ................just joking,................ £500 would be enough,............... still joking

maxthecollie 09-01-2013 16:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by davemac (Post 1036233)
Thanks Mick, just noticed the request in forum news....... Could I also suggest that we have a prize of £1000 for the winner, ................just joking,................ £500 would be enough,............... still joking

How about a voucher for Jessops?

Margaret Pilkington 09-01-2013 19:25

Soon there are going to be no dedicated camera shops....we'll have to deal with the lumpen dullards who staff Currys and PC World.

Mick 10-01-2013 05:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by davemac (Post 1036233)

If you would like to donate it i will put it up as a prize no problem .....not joking :D:p