Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accy Photos (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f73/)
-   -   The new Photo Competition (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f73/the-new-photo-competition-63213.html)

davemac 10-01-2013 09:01

Re: The new Photo Competition

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mick (Post 1036314)
If you would like to donate it i will put it up as a prize no problem .....not joking :D:p

I did think about it........but not for so long.

Margaret Pilkington 10-01-2013 09:46

I think it would have upped the picture input, if that had been the prize.

davemac 10-01-2013 11:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1036337)
I think it would have upped the picture input, if that had been the prize.

I think we shouldn't forget that this is just a bit of fun.........so a two week holiday in the sun would do.

Less 10-01-2013 11:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by davemac (Post 1036350)
I think we shouldn't forget that this is just a bit of fun.........so a two week holiday in the sun would do.

Perhaps somewhere with golden sands, sun and a treasure maps to discover a pirates hidden silver.

Ahhh, gold and silver, what a wonderful subject to return to.

I haven't entered yet, I've got neither about my person.

davemac 10-01-2013 12:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 1036356)
Perhaps somewhere with golden sands, sun and a treasure maps to discover a pirates hidden silver.

Ahhh, gold and silver, what a wonderful subject to return to.

Well now you mention it................why havent you entered, I cant belive you havent a camera, either a camera or one on your phone, if you havent either then a pencil scetch would suffice.

Less 10-01-2013 12:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by davemac (Post 1036361)
Well now you mention it................why havent you entered, I cant belive you havent a camera, either a camera or one on your phone, if you havent either then a pencil scetch would suffice.

As I said in the post:-

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 1036356)

I meant gold or silver, which is the subject for the competition, I keep looking for inspiration but so far...
:(

mobertol 10-01-2013 13:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 1036367)
As I said in the post:-

I meant gold or silver, which is the subject for the competition, I keep looking for inspiration but so far...
:(

Inspiration is harder to come by than either gold or silver! You could always buy a packet of Wrigley's spearmint gum in the meantime and take a snap of one of the little silver-coloured strips -then eat the stuff -something to chew on as you free your mind and look for that "je ne sais qua" which is obviously missing to your artistic soul -as an alternative I can recommend a toffee penny, which is wrapped in gold -my favourite out of a tin of Quality Street!:D

Less 10-01-2013 13:16

From now on I will look to Davemac for inspiration I've entered now, so he can stop nagging.

:D

susie123 10-01-2013 13:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobertol (Post 1036374)
I can recommend a toffee penny, which is wrapped in gold -my favourite out of a tin of Quality Street!:D

Mine too - unfortunately I have a tin of Roses here, not Quality Street - but I can get them when I go to the hosp - they have so many sweeties given to them they just leave them out on the reception desk for folks to help themselves!

Margaret Pilkington 10-01-2013 13:40

It could be a brass door knocker...it only has to look like gold or silver.

davemac 10-01-2013 18:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 1036375)
From now on I will look to Davemac for inspiration I've entered now, so he can stop nagging.

:D

You are mixing up nagging with friendly badgering (not the digging in the wood type), you don't have to have gold or silver, people can give them to you. Gold can be the golden smile of a friend or the silver hair of a relative, or even the contents of a bag of chips, a golden piece of potato, right thats all the inspiration for one day.

So next I want to see an old friend, smiling, with a chip in her hair.

Less 10-01-2013 20:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by davemac (Post 1036455)
You are mixing up nagging with friendly badgering (not the digging in the wood type), you don't have to have gold or silver, people can give them to you. Gold can be the golden smile of a friend or the silver hair of a relative, or even the contents of a bag of chips, a golden piece of potato, right thats all the inspiration for one day.

So next I want to see an old friend, smiling, with a chip in her hair.

Gowd sterrrruth! don't go daft I'm taking a picture not writing a novel.

I can offer a piccy of an old friend with an axe in her head, it's in black and white, (which makes it sort of silvery), I had to develop it myself couldn't trust sending it to a chemists at the time, had digital been introduced a few years earlier I could have made it a career, but as it was I went for the electric shock treatment, so I'm all right N..OW!

http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/i...s/thumbsup.gif

shillelagh 11-01-2013 00:16

i'll try and get some sorted ...

Mick 11-01-2013 06:28

Just to let you know uploads will close at 10pm ish:D tonight friday 11th

shillelagh 11-01-2013 18:55

some sorted ...