Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Pictures > Accy Photos
Donate! Join Today

Accy Photos Lets see some of your good Accrington photos. Please refrain from uploading copyrighted pictures! Also, if anyone has any photo requests, maybe some of our users could get them for you.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree26117Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-11-2012, 08:01   #2881
Senior Member+

Re: Today in pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnrodd View Post
These are great shots Dave, well done. I have to say I like looking at the photos you take, because although I have lived here for nearly 12 years now, there are still many places I don't know of and I am learning about the area through your photos.

Thanks for sharing them with us.

Cheers

Dawn
He keeps himself very active so he can squeeze into every nook and cranny of accringtons hidden places
Old 05-11-2012, 09:36   #2882
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless View Post
He keeps himself very active so he can squeeze into every nook and cranny of accringtons hidden places
I agree with Dawn, I have lived here for over 40 years now (just over half my life) and have seen very little of the area off the beaten track.

I am not one for getting excited about scenery and trees etc but it is still nice to see what is all around me without having to get my boots muddy.

Keep it up Dave.
Old 05-11-2012, 18:46   #2883
Senior Member+

Thanks to all for the continued patronage and contributions to this thread, and for the kind words. As I have said before I get my socks wet so you don't have to, and recently slid on my jacksie down a wet slope, somersaulted on my head, fell down holes, and vanished down a ditch, all so you don't have to.
davemac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 19:01   #2884
Senior Member+

Today in Pictures...........today I got locked up

1.Leaving my car at Halfords for a couple of tyres, I had time to mooch, up to the canal and turned right.
2. As I have never walked this section all I can say is its Blackburn locks.
3. Another lock.
4. and just for a change, another lock.
5. I think this is the halfway out point.
6. If you hadn't guessed it, another lock.
7. I dont know where we are, but I know its a lock.
8. Well I never, its not a lock.
9. Does my barge look big in this.
10. I'v run out of space, but not out of locks, as I hade a few more to see before I hit the reverse button.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF8298.JPG (410.4 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF8302.JPG (388.4 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF8314.JPG (449.7 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF8332.JPG (438.9 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF8334.JPG (494.9 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF8346.JPG (424.0 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF8353.JPG (444.7 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF8357.JPG (415.2 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF8359.JPG (419.3 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF8379.JPG (384.9 KB, 3 views)
Old 05-11-2012, 19:05   #2885
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by davemac View Post
Today in Pictures...........today I got locked up

1.Leaving my car at Halfords for a couple of tyres, I had time to mooch, up to the canal and turned right.
2. As I have never walked this section all I can say is its Blackburn locks.
3. Another lock.
4. and just for a change, another lock.
5. I think this is the halfway out point.
6. If you hadn't guessed it, another lock.
7. I dont know where we are, but I know its a lock.
8. Well I never, its not a lock.
9. Does my barge look big in this.
10. I'v run out of space, but not out of locks, as I hade a few more to see before I hit the reverse button.
Did you get some keys for the locks? Seriously though Dave some graet pics again
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 19:11   #2886
Senior Member+

I had a go at editing a photo tonight, I always preferred to see the natural picture straight from the camera but I wonder what you think of the difference and which you like best. The first is the original. I think I may have over cooked the second.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Pine lakes (70).JPG (285.2 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg Pine lakes (70)x.jpg (423.6 KB, 12 views)
Old 05-11-2012, 19:13   #2887
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxthecollie View Post
Did you get some keys for the locks? Seriously though Dave some graet pics again
It was very much a time passing operation, but interesting, as I have never walked this stretch before, I have driven over the various road bridges without realising what I was driving over. I ended up at the old hospital site, or should I say the locks on the opposite side of the road before a reverse direction was required.
Old 05-11-2012, 19:18   #2888
Beacon of light

Like you Gremlin, I like natural pics, so the first one is my favourite...you can't improve on nature.......picture 2 has its own charm too.

I do edit pictures...I crop them and sometimes I have been known to do a bit of fiddlin'......Davemac will attest to this, since he led me astray with a FREE editing program, Photoscape. It is really really easy to use and you can have hours of cheap fun playing around with pictures.

Here is a link:-

Download Photoscape - Photoscape - Free Photoscape Download

Have a go.

I tried to get my hear around HDR, but my attempts were dismal failures...must be doing something wrong
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 19:19   #2889
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post
I had a go at editing a photo tonight, I always preferred to see the natural picture straight from the camera but I wonder what you think of the difference and which you like best. The first is the original. I think I may have over cooked the second.
I think the second is more dramatic, photo editing is just a continuation of what your camera is doing to capture a picture, if you hadn't said you had manipulated the picture, we wouldn't have know.
What software are you using, I ask this as some editing software is very complicated to use, and as it is, tends not to get used much
Old 05-11-2012, 19:19   #2890
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by davemac View Post
It was very much a time passing operation, but interesting, as I have never walked this stretch before, I have driven over the various road bridges without realising what I was driving over. I ended up at the old hospital site, or should I say the locks on the opposite side of the road before a reverse direction was required.
We walked on the canal bank from Greenberfield Locks at the back of Rolls Royce in Barlick yesterday, but I didn't take my camera as it was very dull and the sun did'nt make an appearance till we got home
Old 05-11-2012, 19:21   #2891
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post
They both look very dramatic.The colours in the second one are very rich. I also am one for leaving alone unless it can be made better
Old 05-11-2012, 19:22   #2892
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Like you Gremlin, I like natural pics, so the first one is my favourite...you can't improve on nature.......picture 2 has its own charm too.

I do edit pictures...I crop them and sometimes I have been known to do a bit of fiddlin'......Davemac will attest to this, since he led me astray with a FREE editing program, Photoscape. It is really really easy to use and you can have hours of cheap fun playing around with pictures.

Here is a link:-

Download Photoscape - Photoscape - Free Photoscape Download

Have a go.

I tried to get my hear around HDR, but my attempts were dismal failures...must be doing something wrong

I too dont understand HDR, I know its a composite of a selection of photos at different exposures, but how do you get them, and then combine them
Old 05-11-2012, 19:25   #2893
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxthecollie View Post
We walked on the canal bank from Greenberfield Locks at the back of Rolls Royce in Barlick yesterday, but I didn't take my camera as it was very dull and the sun did'nt make an appearance till we got home
My walk was the opposite, it was sunny all the time we were out, however the sun was low on the horizon and the shadows long, so not the best for photography. I was either shooting into the sun, or trying not to get my shadow in the picture.
Old 05-11-2012, 19:27   #2894
Senior Member+

My favourite canal locks are on the Caledonian Canal at Fort Augustus where the canal goes into the Southern end of Loch Ness (Different type of loch)
Old 05-11-2012, 19:49   #2895
Senior Member+

Like this Max,
I have charted a 40 foot Broom cruiser with my wife a few time to sail around Scotand and we used the Caledonian canal. These photos were taken from the boat. One taken half way across the Loch heading for Fort Augustus the other going the other way nearing Urquhart castle making for Cally Marina Inverness

The software I used for the sunset scene further back was the Nikon one which came with the new D3200, I also have Coral paintshop Pro X. A gift from a friend.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG0041.jpg (491.7 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg IMG0048.jpg (476.5 KB, 7 views)

Last edited by Gremlin; 05-11-2012 at 19:59.
Gremlin is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..