Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Pictures > Accy Photos
Donate! Join Today

Accy Photos Lets see some of your good Accrington photos. Please refrain from uploading copyrighted pictures! Also, if anyone has any photo requests, maybe some of our users could get them for you.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree26117Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-07-2013, 12:10   #4231
Senior Member+

Re: Today in pictures

1.JPG 2.JPG 3.JPG 4.JPG

Just 4 for starters today. We walked up Sandy Lane and back down past Higher Brox Farm and followed the stream down until the College Field. The rest of my quota will be published later today. We are going to Horton in Ribblesdale to watch a friend of ours going up up and away in a Balloon.

1) & 2) Hay making is under way.
3) Conkers already?
4) A Baby thrush.
hassy rvr and Turtle like this.
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 06-07-2013, 12:35   #4232
God Member

Lovely bird pics again "Max" -especially like the smiling duck! Dave for me it has to be number 4 with the moths -lovely colours and shapes!

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
mobertol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 19:20   #4233
Senior Member+

Today in Pictures, up one side and down the other.

1. Setting off up Woodnook Vale.
2. The sun shining through a dog rose.
3. Dappled shade, still going up Woodnook Vale.
4. A look back before a sideways path.
5. My hay fever is on maximum setting at the moment.
6. Not going that way we are going down Priestly Clough.
7. Our paths crossed a line of horses with novices mounted up.
8. You wont recognise this, it used to be Black Rock when I was a lad playing up here.
9. Possibly Cow Parsley against the light.
10. This used to be the Black Path, nothing like the images in my childhood memory.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1160494.JPG (426.7 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg P1160503.JPG (462.3 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg P1160517.JPG (447.1 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg P1160521.JPG (496.8 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg P1160535.JPG (417.8 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg P1160550.JPG (431.5 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg P1160567.JPG (409.0 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg P1160569.JPG (393.7 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg P1160575.JPG (419.2 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg P1160581.JPG (451.8 KB, 14 views)
davemac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 20:50   #4234
Senior Member+

No 10 Dave is that the black path up to Bullough Park?
Old 06-07-2013, 20:54   #4235
Senior Member+

I was up that way a couple of weeks ago, there was a path I took that brought you out near the horse riding farm, steepest path I`ve ever walked.
gpick24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 21:35   #4236
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxthecollie View Post
No 10 Dave is that the black path up to Bullough Park?
it skirts one corner of Bullough park, it will come out at Millerfold Avenue if you go all the way up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpick24 View Post
I was up that way a couple of weeks ago, there was a path I took that brought you out near the horse riding farm, steepest path I`ve ever walked.
Thats the path I went up and the horses were coming down, about 8 in total.
Old 06-07-2013, 21:37   #4237
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by davemac View Post
it skirts one corner of Bullough park, it will come out at Millerfold Avenue if you go all the way up.

I'm on the wrong one there.I thought it was the one from Perth Street up to Bullough Park past the old air raid shelters on the right
Old 06-07-2013, 21:43   #4238
Senior Member+

Quote:
I'm on the wrong one there.I thought it was the one from Perth Street up to Bullough Park past the old air raid shelters on the right
I know the one you mean, and no, it starts on the "factory bottom" and "flat iron" very close to High Street and goes off to the left. I used to play in those shelters as a child, I used to squeeze through the window slits, I go cold when I think of it now.
Old 06-07-2013, 21:45   #4239
Senior Member+

[QUOTE=davemac;1065666]I know the one you mean, and no, it starts on the "factory bottom" and "flat iron" very close to High Street and goes off to the left. I used to play in those shelters as a child, I used to squeeze through the window slits, I go cold when I think of it now.[/QUOTE
Yeh the good old air raid shelters. Take of the flagstone of the top and go in and explore.
I know where your track is now Dave.I used to play in the building housing a water tank on the right hand side just as you get on the track
Old 06-07-2013, 21:50   #4240
Senior Member+

Quote:
Do you mean pic 7, cos i don`t think that is the path I took it was a lot narrower than than that and was so steep it was a relief to have fathead pulling on his lead.
gpick24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 06:35   #4241
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpick24 View Post
Do you mean pic 7, cos i don`t think that is the path I took it was a lot narrower than than that and was so steep it was a relief to have fathead pulling on his lead.
That was the top of the path just short of the top path that has the riding school on the left. I was looking back at the horses, but the path went off to the left as you look at the picture, and at the bottom was a wooden footpath signpost pointing up the path.
Old 07-07-2013, 06:39   #4242
Senior Member+

[QUOTE=maxthecollie;1065667]
Quote:
I know the one you mean, and no, it starts on the "factory bottom" and "flat iron" very close to High Street and goes off to the left. I used to play in those shelters as a child, I used to squeeze through the window slits, I go cold when I think of it now.[/QUOTE
Yeh the good old air raid shelters. Take of the flagstone of the top and go in and explore.
I know where your track is now Dave.I used to play in the building housing a water tank on the right hand side just as you get on the track
With Highams demolished, the black path used to be tarmaced, and black rock had a rock face you could climb up and walk around the top, also the lodges have been filled in. It's not the same place anymore.
Old 07-07-2013, 06:50   #4243
Senior Member+

[QUOTE=davemac;1065686]
Quote:

With Highams demolished, the black path used to be tarmaced, and black rock had a rock face you could climb up and walk around the top, also the lodges have been filled in. It's not the same place anymore.
I think I need to take Max up there to explore again
Old 07-07-2013, 10:31   #4244
Senior Member+

[QUOTE=maxthecollie;1065688]
Quote:

I think I need to take Max up there to explore again
Its a nice walk especially if you follow the path across to Woodnook Vale, follow black path up to the riding school, take the footpath off to the left (a bit steep) turn right at the bottom, and you come out at Woodnook Vale, left then takes you down to Nuttall Street, turning right takes you to Baxenden, and Shoe Mill.
Old 07-07-2013, 11:05   #4245
God Member

I have been thinking Dave that you could make an illustrated guide to walks around Hyndburn! It could become your life-work -Accy's answer to Wainright
shillelagh and Turtle like this.

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
mobertol is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..