Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Pictures > Accy Photos
Donate! Join Today

Accy Photos Lets see some of your good Accrington photos. Please refrain from uploading copyrighted pictures! Also, if anyone has any photo requests, maybe some of our users could get them for you.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree26117Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-06-2012, 08:46   #451
God Member

Re: Today in pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by shillelagh View Post
well done to margaret pilkington .... her photos are in this weeks accy observer ...
Great Margaret -you are a pubblished photographer now. The skies the limit!

Will I be able to see them in the on-line version of the Ob.?

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
mobertol is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 22-06-2012, 08:51   #452
God Member

I am attaching a photo of my latest rather fetching accessory -a blue crutch!

Dave did suggest I get my husband to cart me around in a wheelbarrow but I was given the crutch and told to get on with things - my other half does a nice line in sympathy!

Am incapacitated at the moment because of a bad knee so i can't get out to take any photos -therefore i hope you will all forgive me for posting some old pics of places I've been in Italy to start with...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MY BLUE CRUTCH..jpg (306.1 KB, 3 views)

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
Old 22-06-2012, 10:23   #453
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobertol View Post
Great Margaret -you are a pubblished photographer now. The skies the limit!

Will I be able to see them in the on-line version of the Ob.?
I'm not sure Dianne, but you can see them here
Welcome to Flickr - Photo Sharing
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2012, 10:26   #454
Beacon of light

I have had some of my pics featured in city walking guides too.....Adelaide and Bath.
And Walkers Crisps used one of my pics too....no pay was involved...not even a pcket of crisps.
Old 22-06-2012, 11:23   #455
Resting In Peace

Today in Morecambe the rain is coming down in stair rods and there's a driving wind, so the conditions are ideal NOT for the Olympic torch relay going round Morecambe Bay from Carnforth and then into Lancaster. I could have stayed indoors and watched on the BBC website or the red button on the TV, or even caught a glimpse from the house, but having seen what all those involved were putting up with from the start in Kendal I thought it would be churlish not to support them so off I went.

I didn't think to put my wellies on so 45 minutes and two soaked feet later I am back to report. Glad I went out, there were quite a few folks about, but with cars parked on both sides of the prom it was difficult to get shots without going into the road. And some shots were blurred by rain on the lens, plus camera batteries were running low. Anyway here is what I managed to capture on film.

They paused at the Town Hall which is virtually next to our house but it really was too wet to stick around. Watching now on the BBC website there are lots of people about as the torch makes its way through Morecambe, stopping at the Eric Morecambe statue where the mayor was waiting, then making its way out of town to Lancaster. All in all it was a good show from the town considering the weather, hope Accy has better luck tomorrow.

1 I could have watched from the bedroom window as they went past the gap between the houses on the front
2 Or stood on the loo and got a slightly closer view from the lavatory window
3 But I went out... a bit early - ten minutes or so to go
4 He's not in the torch relay
5 Getting nearer
6 Bus with mascot and previous/future torch bearers
7 A sponsor
8 Another sponsor
9 Nearly there
10 At last - well done that man! Keep going! It was all over so quickly...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF3701 (480x640).jpg (204.2 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF3702 (480x640).jpg (166.5 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF3687 (480x640).jpg (165.2 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF3689 (480x640).jpg (144.4 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF3691 (640x480).jpg (142.6 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF3693 (480x640).jpg (159.7 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF3694 (480x640).jpg (171.5 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF3695 (480x640).jpg (171.2 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF3696 (480x640).jpg (144.4 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF3697 (480x640).jpg (156.6 KB, 11 views)
Old 22-06-2012, 11:42   #456
God Member

Just a year ago I visited the Joseph Heller gardens in Gardone Riviera on Lake Garda. Amazing variety of plants and habitats are recreated -all integrated with sculptures whci have been donated by friends of his - there are a couple of Keth Harings, the totem and the dog plus the sign at the entrance which is an original he produced when he visited the gardens. There is also a Jean Miro sheep! Will have to look out the brochure to name the others
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN4255.jpg (387.5 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN4254.jpg (530.0 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN4252.jpg (566.7 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN4215.jpg (477.1 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN4216.jpg (538.5 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN4217.jpg (536.8 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN4253.jpg (554.9 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN4219.jpg (499.8 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN4220.jpg (532.2 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN4221.jpg (535.8 KB, 5 views)

~ D. H. Lawrence
Old 22-06-2012, 11:51   #457
God Member

More of the same gardens - including a pic of my Aunt Diane and one of me and husband Moreno. It was an incredibly hot day and I had to buy the awful hat I'm wearing!

Beats Morecambe on a rainy day Sue. Well done for braving the weather to see the torch!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN4223.jpg (506.7 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN4224.jpg (539.5 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN4225.jpg (524.2 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN4226.jpg (509.3 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN4227.jpg (527.1 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN4238.jpg (498.2 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN4241.jpg (511.6 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN4233.jpg (534.8 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN4228.jpg (538.7 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN4229.jpg (507.6 KB, 13 views)

~ D. H. Lawrence
Old 22-06-2012, 12:10   #458
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobertol View Post
More of the same gardens - including a pic of my Aunt Diane and one of me and husband Moreno. It was an incredibly hot day and I had to buy the awful hat I'm wearing!

Beats Morecambe on a rainy day Sue. Well done for braving the weather to see the torch!
What a lovely garden - don't think it appeared in Monty Don's TV series on Italian gardens. The first picture in the second set reminds me of the 16th century Mouth of Hell at Bomarzo

File:Bomarzo parco mostri orco.jpg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Yes I'm glad I went down to the prom, it was good to feel I was supporting all those who help to keep this whole thing on the road, so to speak.

BTW thanks for the K and sorry to hear about your knee - hope you are resting!
Old 22-06-2012, 13:23   #459
Beacon of light

Well Done Sue for going out and getting the pics...and getting wet in the process.
The
Torch is due round our way tomorrow...but if it is fine we will be out at the crack of Sparrow trump(the sparrows trump at 8am here)..Bury, Bolton or perhaps even Preston....so I doubt very much I will be in the throngs lining Eastgate.

I don't like taking my camera out in the rain anyway.
Old 22-06-2012, 13:24   #460
Beacon of light

Beautiful Pics Dianne.......lovely to be able to brighten up a horrible wet day with a glimpse of sun, flowers and ornamental ponds. Thankyou.
Old 22-06-2012, 13:34   #461
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Well Done Sue for going out and getting the pics...and getting wet in the process.
The
Torch is due round our way tomorrow...but if it is fine we will be out at the crack of Sparrow trump(the sparrows trump at 8am here)..Bury, Bolton or perhaps even Preston....so I doubt very much I will be in the throngs lining Eastgate.

I don't like taking my camera out in the rain anyway.
One day I might be able to post a picture of Morecambe in the sunshine!

My camera is so knackered I don't think about the weather when I take it out. It had a baptism of fire in 2007- I was walking along a pavement in Cork with it hanging from my wrist and held in my hand, didn't notice a large kerb coming up, stepped off it without knowing and fell flat - my hand landed on the camera so I didn't break my wrist but the camera was pretty battered. Still worked though!
Old 22-06-2012, 14:44   #462
Beacon of light

I had a Nikon Camera that was bought for me in Oz...it cost quite a bit(a thousand Aussie Dollars)...I loved that little camera. A few years ago I was getting ready to go away with Ma.....put my camera into its little bag unaware that the clasp was not properly closed...the camera fell out - no more than a 12inch drop and landed on the bedroom carpet. It was damaged beyond economic repair. I did get what was considered a better camera(on my house insurance)...but although the specs were better, I would happily have swopped it for my little Nikon.

I am quite careful with my camera's( I have a few). They bring me many hours of enjoyment. Taking pictures, then looking at them and editing them. So I think I get my moneys worth out of them.

Now, I want one like Davemac has...it seems to take him everywhere.
I hoped I would get one for my birthday...but(sigh) no luck so far. I might have to do the buying for myself. At least that way I will know I have got what I wanted.
Old 22-06-2012, 14:59   #463
Resting In Peace

Margaret I forgot to ask what the Observer pics were or why they were in there.
Old 22-06-2012, 15:12   #464
Resting In Peace

Margaret, forgot to add to last post (the garden gnome disturbed me by bringing a cuppa) that a camera like Dave's is going for £99.95 at Jessops -£150 or more elsewhere. Seems a bargain to me.
Old 22-06-2012, 15:27   #465
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie123 View Post
Today in Morecambe the rain is coming down in stair rods and there's a driving wind, so the conditions are ideal NOT for the Olympic torch relay going round Morecambe Bay from Carnforth and then into Lancaster. I could have stayed indoors and watched on the BBC website or the red button on the TV, or even caught a glimpse from the house, but having seen what all those involved were putting up with from the start in Kendal I thought it would be churlish not to support them so off I went.

I didn't think to put my wellies on so 45 minutes and two soaked feet later I am back to report. Glad I went out, there were quite a few folks about, but with cars parked on both sides of the prom it was difficult to get shots without going into the road. And some shots were blurred by rain on the lens, plus camera batteries were running low. Anyway here is what I managed to capture on film.

They paused at the Town Hall which is virtually next to our house but it really was too wet to stick around. Watching now on the BBC website there are lots of people about as the torch makes its way through Morecambe, stopping at the Eric Morecambe statue where the mayor was waiting, then making its way out of town to Lancaster. All in all it was a good show from the town considering the weather, hope Accy has better luck tomorrow.

1 I could have watched from the bedroom window as they went past the gap between the houses on the front
2 Or stood on the loo and got a slightly closer view from the lavatory window
3 But I went out... a bit early - ten minutes or so to go
4 He's not in the torch relay
5 Getting nearer
6 Bus with mascot and previous/future torch bearers
7 A sponsor
8 Another sponsor
9 Nearly there
10 At last - well done that man! Keep going! It was all over so quickly...
Are there floats with the torch like a carnival? I didn't take any pics today as the rain was driving down on me and Max
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..