Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Pictures > Accy Photos
Donate! Join Today

Accy Photos Lets see some of your good Accrington photos. Please refrain from uploading copyrighted pictures! Also, if anyone has any photo requests, maybe some of our users could get them for you.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree26117Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-10-2013, 22:48   #5236
Senior Member+

Re: Today in pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobertol View Post
Won't let me send you Karma to help you get over the bug you have Dave I genuinely went "Oooooh"" on a couple of those photos - love the conkers and that text-book poisonous mushroom, just needs a few pixies! Lovely shots hope you're on the mend xxx
I think I just timed it right for the big red jobbies, never managed a photo before, they will all have gone by next week, not posting pictures for a few days to get a few things out of the way, I am not getting any worse with the coughie coldie thing so I must have got over the hump.

Quote:
"On the move" -some shots of the farm I'll be moving to next month -looks a lovely area -bit hectic at the moment so struggling to keep up with all your photos -please have patience with me!! These are a number of photos around the farm which has it's own chapel. The old 17thC cow barn has vaulted ceilings and stone pillars - no longer in use. There is a lovely river nearby, the Morbasco, with a pretty wooded area and there are views to the Alps and the Apennines on a clear day -looking forward to the move. PS my house is the reddish one with the lower roof to the left where the lovely poplar trees are -the white van is the plumbers who are in putting in the new bathrooms!
Number 8 is an outstanding building, and a cow shed to boot, it almost looks religious, I bet when you settle in more photos of wonderful buildings will be uploaded
davemac is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 17-10-2013, 14:54   #5237

Quote:
Som nice colours there -autumn seems further on wrt to Italy. I like the idea of the reflections in the car bonnet -original
The car bonnet reflections were just a happy accident - didn't see them until I saw the photos later
Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2013, 15:00   #5238

Quote:
"On the move" -some shots of the farm I'll be moving to next month -looks a lovely area -bit hectic at the moment so struggling to keep up with all your photos -please have patience with me!! These are a number of photos around the farm which has it's own chapel. The old 17thC cow barn has vaulted ceilings and stone pillars - no longer in use. There is a lovely river nearby, the Morbasco, with a pretty wooded area and there are views to the Alps and the Apennines on a clear day -looking forward to the move. PS my house is the reddish one with the lower roof to the left where the lovely poplar trees are -the white van is the plumbers who are in putting in the new bathrooms!
What a lovely place to live! I'm turning a bright shade of green over here
Those poplar trees are just what I think of as being Northern Italy.
Old 17-10-2013, 15:54   #5239
Beacon of light

me too Turtle, it makes my place look like a well used hen coit...or a chook hut.
Turtle likes this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2013, 18:27   #5240
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
some shots of the farm I'll be moving to next month
Farm?? It looks like it was a monastery/nunnery in a previous life, could that be the case Mo? Anyways, hope you get yourselves in without to much fuss.
mobertol likes this.
Old 17-10-2013, 20:03   #5241
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Been out on the balcony having a quick fiddle of the night settings & here you go!

As good as damn it full Moon - Night view from the balcony.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Moon 1 17.10.13(1).jpg (121.8 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg Moon light 17.10.13(1).jpg (136.2 KB, 15 views)
Old 17-10-2013, 20:09   #5242

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Been out on the balcony having a quick fiddle of the night settings & here you go!

Nice moon shot! You can see the dimpled craters on the bottom edge
mobertol likes this.
Old 17-10-2013, 20:09   #5243
Beacon of light

Impressive Son..well, no it's the moon isn't it?
Heck I think I caught the whimsy from Davemac.
Your pics are great...and the moon one is good enough to go into the current comp...it could even win
mobertol likes this.
Old 18-10-2013, 14:14   #5244
God Member

Raquel:

http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/a...1&d=1382105568

Not great quality; but she was only 3 or 4 feet away ... and hungry wild animals don't pose all that well.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF2177.JPG (27.9 KB, 23 views)
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2013, 15:28   #5245
Senior Member+

Nice One
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2013, 15:40   #5246
Resting In Peace

Like the trunk in the background, Eric. Is that what you packed your wordly goods in when you set sail on the MV Stefan Batory?
Old 18-10-2013, 15:54   #5247
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Raquel:

Not great quality; but she was only 3 or 4 feet away ... and hungry wild animals don't pose all that well.

Awww! I want one.
Would she get along with Pasha my tuxedo cat(she's just a plain old balck moggie with a dicky front on pretending she is posh)?
Old 18-10-2013, 16:02   #5248
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by davemac View Post
Today in Pictures, on a day when I am coughing like a horse and stuff is coming down my nose that would not look out of place on Doctor Who. So with as much enthusiasm as I could muster Spring Wood was todays destination.

9. To finish off fungi a go-go.
10. Soon the fungi will disappear when the frost gets heavy, what will I do with myself..
Never thought of that - but 9 and 10 are a good way of getting round the 10-pics maximum rule.

As for Dianne's recipe in another post - that sounds absolutely delicious. Shame we don't give any thought to cooking other varieties in this country. Mind you I can no longer eat mushrooms so it shouldn't bother me but I can dream. Meat & potato pie with mushy peas and gravy from the chippy tonight and that's not a dream. Sorry that should be potato & meat pie these days so I'm told. At least that's honest!
mobertol and Turtle like this.
Old 18-10-2013, 16:06   #5249

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Raquel:

What a cutie!
Old 18-10-2013, 19:11   #5250
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post

Subjects for the monthly comp. perhaps - that full moon is spectacular and
very spooky!

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
mobertol is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..