Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Pictures > Accy Photos
Donate! Join Today

Accy Photos Lets see some of your good Accrington photos. Please refrain from uploading copyrighted pictures! Also, if anyone has any photo requests, maybe some of our users could get them for you.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree26117Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-07-2014, 21:08   #8461
Senior Member+

Re: Today in pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxthecollie View Post
Attachment 42301Attachment 42302Attachment 42303Attachment 42304Attachment 42305Attachment 42306Attachment 42307Attachment 42308Attachment 42309

The first two are her indoors plants and the rest were taken on the track down from Higher Brox Farm all within 50 yards of each other.
That zoom you have gives some interesting perspectives, those turbines look like they are just across the road.
davemac is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 06-07-2014, 21:42   #8462

Another Sunday morning drive in the hills here abouts. A nicely paved road turned to gravel - never a happy thing in a nice clean car! It didn't last long though, and the bikers at the other end looked hesitant to give it a go, until I gave them the thumbs up
Attached Images
File Type: jpg this road is fine.jpg (452.8 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg Glistening corn.jpg (323.4 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg ivy.jpg (451.4 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg Gravel 1.jpg (397.5 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg rough road.jpg (378.6 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg Question.jpg (360.3 KB, 7 views)
shillelagh, Eric, mobertol and 5 others like this.
Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 22:23   #8463

Quote:
Originally Posted by davemac View Post
That purple jobby had me guessing, possibly Elephants Ear (Colocasia) I had to look it up, but even now not totally sure.
I think you're right about that purple plant, davemac. I found something that looks very much like it on waltersgardens.com. They call it Colocasia esculenta 'Black Coral'. They say it grows quite tall - I'll check in on it later this summer to see it and will take a photo
Old 06-07-2014, 22:26   #8464

Quote:
Today in Pictures, a visit I have not been able to make for a while, things aligned today for me to take a longer than usual perambulation around Pendle Hill.

1. Undulating landscape, Sabden is off to the right.
2. For an open space there are miles of walls.
3. Churn Clough Reservoir.
4. Thistles with a view.
5. A girl I wanted to marry had the same name, my mum said I was too young, but at 6 years old I was certain I was old enough.
6. More rolling landscapes, walls and vast skies.
7. I think this tree thinks its something else, perhaps a bush.
8. The Bracken Fern marches on, but things try to survive in the dense foliage, there time is limited.
9. The view from this property are stunning, you can see for miles from most windows.
10. Despite the warnings, the publicity, the tragedies, still idiots jump into the icy waters of large expanses. I suppose Darwin had a point.
Wonderful shots - and the countryside is the best. I really like numbers 1 & 2
Old 06-07-2014, 22:29   #8465

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobertol View Post
Was planning to go for a short walk after lunch but it's too hot and humid today - will be busy watching Wimbledon men's final later so for todays offering I'm going back just over a week to a local walk I did then round Castelnuovo del Zappa. The Magnolia flower was huge -about 1 foot across.
I love the different colours and textures - from brightly painted walls to crumbling brick and rustic wood
mobertol likes this.
Old 06-07-2014, 22:37   #8466

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
More a case of this week in pictures really, been hurtling round chasing my own tail to very little effect so to avoid all the tedium they've been saved up to be put on in a countryside collage so to speak.

The next generation
- Canadians? Here in Germingland? - Somewhere over the coloured stripy thing (Don't want the multiculturalistas on me case for using their "word" ) - Almost a Marley classic here, 3 three little birds (rather soggy as it happens) sat on my treetop - A counterpoint of clouds - I tell you what, the amount of foreigners that you see over here today - Lotte & its "Eiscafe Cristallo" - Folkses enjoying their little (or in some cases extremely large) dollop of sin - Now there's tasty isn't it? (I'm talking about the Ice cream you lecherous Heathens mine's the one with the Cherries & If you look closely you might just spot the Stanley connection )
Nice collection of shots DiG. Those Canuck geese do get around, don't they?
DaveinGermany likes this.
Old 06-07-2014, 22:40   #8467
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle View Post
I think you're right about that purple plant, davemac. I found something that looks very much like it on waltersgardens.com. They call it Colocasia esculenta 'Black Coral'. They say it grows quite tall - I'll check in on it later this summer to see it and will take a photo
I think the only sure way is to check out the flower, or seed pods, its not one I have seen over here.

Quote:
Wonderful shots - and the countryside is the best. I really like numbers 1 & 2
Pendle Hill is one of my favourite walks, but I don't go as often as I would like, when I go, I get lost in the experience, and always end up staying too long, and at the moment time is in short supply, I seem to have less the everyone else.
Turtle likes this.
Old 06-07-2014, 22:42   #8468

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpick24 View Post
Took a drive up to ingleton today, was going to walk the waterfalls trail, but when we got there, there was a 1940`s re-enactment going on. So we sacked the waterfalls walk, we can do that anytime, and had a walk around the village.
Really interesting shots. And that is definitely an owl - you're not fooling me again hah hah!
Old 07-07-2014, 06:45   #8469
Senior Member+

Quote:
Really interesting shots. And that is definitely an owl - you're not fooling me again hah hah!
That`s the gorgeous Marilyn, a six year old European Eagle Owl.
Turtle likes this.
gpick24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 09:09   #8470
Senior Member+

Quote:
Inside its nice as well, lots of wood panelling
It was hard job to rewire the place when I worked for the council.
mobertol and davemac like this.
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 11:52   #8471
Senior Member+

Quote:
It was hard job to rewire the place when I worked for the council.
That's the problem with old buildings trying to keep modern requirements from spoiling the fabric of the place. I worked in the grounds around the building when Norman Potter was the big cheese in the gallery. He once took me up onto the roof and we stood in the area that has the Gargoyles over the entrance, I wasn't as absorbed with photography then, (although I was taking photos) and regret not snapping the Gargoyls close up with the coppice in the background. I think we all have a photo that got away from us. Another was on an expedition with Mobertol, we climbed up all the steps to Martholme Viaduct, from Martholme Lane, finding the gate to the viaduct unlocked and walking across it, I had left my camera in the car.
mobertol likes this.
Old 07-07-2014, 11:55   #8472
Senior Member+

Quote:
That's the problem with old buildings trying to keep modern requirements from spoiling the fabric of the place. I worked in the grounds around the building when Norman Potter was the big cheese in the gallery. He once took me up onto the roof and we stood in the area that has the Gargoyles over the entrance, I wasn't as absorbed with photography then, (although I was taking photos) and regret not snapping the Gargoyls close up with the coppice in the background. I think we all have a photo that got away from us. Another was on an expedition with Mobertol, we climbed up all the steps to Martholme Viaduct, from Martholme Lane, finding the gate to the viaduct unlocked and walking across it, I had left my camera in the car.
When I rewired the place The curator was the brother in law of Lionel Morton ( The Four Pennies) although I can't remember his name.
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 12:48   #8473
Senior Member+

Quote:
When I rewired the place The curator was the brother in law of Lionel Morton ( The Four Pennies) although I can't remember his name.
I don't recall that being discussed, he was a large built man, his wife was called Christine.
Old 07-07-2014, 13:25   #8474

I always enjoy seeing your photos of Haworth Art Gallery, davemac. It was a favourite childhood haunt of mine (hmmmm... I feel a blog entry coming on here
As for Pendle Hill, it was a favourite walk for my mother and her family when she was growing up. I'm ashamed and saddened to say that I didn't get to go there when I was a lass in Lancashire. Something for my bucket list perhaps!
davemac likes this.
Old 07-07-2014, 16:25   #8475
God Member

Today's offerings are a few photos of a nearby field which is flowering beautifully (I think it's alfa-alfa!). Then a series of shots showing this years stock of straw being unloaded and stored in the courtyard in front of my house. Apparently they are at the half-way mark with the work. Sadly one of this year's farm kittens was killed when one of the bales fell on him yesterday
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN0710.jpg (220.9 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN0712.jpg (156.1 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN0715.jpg (504.2 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN0718.jpg (124.7 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN0719.jpg (140.1 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN0723.jpg (147.8 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN0731.jpg (181.1 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN0724.jpg (422.1 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN0733.jpg (164.7 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN0735.jpg (116.8 KB, 7 views)
shillelagh, Eric, Gremlin and 4 others like this.

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
mobertol is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..