Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Pictures > Accy Photos
Donate! Join Today

Accy Photos Lets see some of your good Accrington photos. Please refrain from uploading copyrighted pictures! Also, if anyone has any photo requests, maybe some of our users could get them for you.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree26117Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-10-2014, 22:12   #9841
God Member

Re: Today in pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Took my cab out for the graveyard shift ... the guys who usually drive it are off for Thanksgiving .... Happy Thanksgiving by the by. I actually remembered to toss my camera into the glove compartment and took these. A few of the Alexander Henry (it's the big red thingy with "Alexander Henry" written on it.) Used to be a coast guard ship, but is now part of the Marine Museum of the Great Lakes, and is also a bed and breakfast. Then there are a couple of plants. The Turneresque one is the sun coming thru the morning mist on Lake Ontario ... it was a cool one last nite; so, there was a lot of mist around on the lake and in the low-lying marshy areas.
My husband's heart is in the shape of an acer leaf - he's thinking of coming over to Canada for the Royal Winter Fair again in November...

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
mobertol is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 12-10-2014, 22:13   #9842
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpick24 View Post
The comp is out of bounds for me I'm afraid.
Can't understand why -I can still post and have done so from the start...

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
mobertol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 22:18   #9843
Beacon of light

Quote:
The comp is out of bounds for me I'm afraid.
And me...well, until Roy gets around to fettling the system.
I can still look at what others post though.....and of course vote!
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 22:30   #9844
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobertol View Post
Can't understand why -I can still post and have done so from the start...
It`s my own fault, I screwed up a while back. I tried to upload a photo to an album and hadn`t resized it. The upload failed (perhaps due to the upload speed at work) and the pic is stuck in a queue along with a couple of other pics i`ve tried uploading since, so now can`t enter the comps.
gpick24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2014, 00:06   #9845
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Wot...no heifers?
They are out playing bingo
mobertol likes this.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2014, 00:15   #9846
Senior Member+

I don't mind anyone offering me advice,I won't be able to justify a new camera to Mrs e so looks like I'm stuck with this for now.
The image quality is ok I suppose (can't match true DSLRs).
It seems to retain good quality shots when I've been out using it's macro function on plants/spiders webs etc just loses its detail over wider shots.

My photobucket account http://s28.photobucket.com/user/Accy...?sort=2&page=1
password--Accyweb
Accyexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2014, 08:22   #9847
Senior Member+

I believe yours is the S6500fd, just looking at a review and the test shots look fine to me.
Fujifilm FinePix S6500fd - Test Shots - Full Resolution Crops

Try to keep the exif data when you post your images so we can see what settings you have used.
Accyexplorer likes this.
Old 13-10-2014, 08:37   #9848
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Wot...no heifers?
Here you are Margaret, taken on the way back from the seals yesterday.
Another inquisitive animal.
Enough to make one a vegetarian (almost) and then I remember the rump steak I had in Scotland last week. Yum yum.

n.b. Blue sea in the background.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN7519.JPG (125.8 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN7516.JPG (125.8 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN7518.JPG (126.0 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN7517.JPG (123.6 KB, 9 views)
DtheP47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2014, 08:46   #9849
Senior Member+

Here`s an interactive camera to have a play with the settings

The original DSLR camera simulator | CameraSim
Old 13-10-2014, 09:19   #9850
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by DtheP47 View Post
Here you are Margaret, taken on the way back from the seals yesterday.
Another inquisitive animal.
Enough to make one a vegetarian (almost) and then I remember the rump steak I had in Scotland last week. Yum yum.

n.b. Blue sea in the background.
More lovely pics.
I like heifers...they never chase me........and that sea....lovely
Old 13-10-2014, 09:22   #9851
Beacon of light

Quote:
Here`s an interactive camera to have a play with the settings

The original DSLR camera simulator | CameraSim
I shall be having a play with that. I, like many others(I guess) tend to leave the camera on automatic settings.
I think I should get a bit braver and do some experimenting.
After all it isn't like it used to be.....no film to buy, no developing costs either.
Old 13-10-2014, 11:26   #9852
Senior Member+

Not much to show for yesterdays two hours out doors, indoors at Leyland.

Michael, bishop of south Ribble with a bird he borrowed.
Craftman hand painted cab logo.
Model lorry which cost over £2200.00 in parts alone to build.

Ten times more than my dad paid for his first house and five times more than I paid for mine. Including Robin Hood the solicitor's fees.
That's all folks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_4295.jpg (391.7 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_4307.JPG (475.1 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_4282.jpg (223.8 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_4291.jpg (408.6 KB, 13 views)
Old 13-10-2014, 11:34   #9853
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accyexplorer View Post
I don't mind anyone offering me advice,I won't be able to justify a new camera to Mrs e so looks like I'm stuck with this for now.
The image quality is ok I suppose (can't match true DSLRs).
It seems to retain good quality shots when I've been out using it's macro function on plants/spiders webs etc just loses its detail over wider shots.
I sometimes look at pics taken with real good cameras; and I think to myself, "Self, get yourself one of those." Trouble is, there's too much "growing up poor just after the War, during rationing" in me. Too much old fashioned Lancashire thrift. If I don't really need something, I don't buy it. I wouldn't get pleasure out of it because there's that part of me, bred in the bone, that tells me not to waste brass on something I can easily do without. So I make do with what I have. If I knew I would use a camera (almost) every day, experimenting with features, and all that neat stuff, I would have one in a New York minute ... but ... if it would spend a lot of time gathering dust, or taking up space in my glove compartment ... then I can't justify it. However, I do get a lot of pleasure looking at the efforts, the creations, of others who are, let's say, more into it than I will ever be. So, keep up the good work, guys Oh ... and let's have more dog pics ... cats too ... and squirrels
Turtle likes this.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2014, 12:00   #9854
Senior Member+

Prices can be crazy Eric, I was looking for a second hand lens when I saw this.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg lens.jpg (264.9 KB, 14 views)
Eric likes this.
Old 13-10-2014, 12:03   #9855
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
I sometimes look at pics taken with real good cameras; and I think to myself, "Self, get yourself one of those." Trouble is, there's too much "growing up poor just after the War, during rationing" in me. Too much old fashioned Lancashire thrift. If I don't really need something, I don't buy it. I wouldn't get pleasure out of it because there's that part of me, bred in the bone, that tells me not to waste brass on something I can easily do without. So I make do with what I have. If I knew I would use a camera (almost) every day, experimenting with features, and all that neat stuff, I would have one in a New York minute ... but ... if it would spend a lot of time gathering dust, or taking up space in my glove compartment ... then I can't justify it. However, I do get a lot of pleasure looking at the efforts, the creations, of others who are, let's say, more into it than I will ever be. So, keep up the good work, guys Oh ... and let's have more dog pics ... cats too ... and squirrels
The concept of a picture was a foreign thing to folk of early 19th century,folk didn't know how to behave in front of a camera. Pictures were 'posed for' like they would if they were getting a portrait.
It wasn't that long ago it's amazing to see how much taking pictures has developed.
Taking a pic today is so common, it's easily taken for granted by folk like me (click happy).
Times have certainly changed from when folk had stands with neck brasses to keep their head still,although the first 'selfie' was taken around 1840....

...,i wonder if folk are going to look back on my pics in say 100-150 years from now with the same level of curiosity as i do with vintage photo's. By that time my pictures will probably look faded and mysterious so it's possible.

Here are a few randoms

DSCF3831.jpgDSCF3847.jpgDSCF3839.jpgDSCF3853.jpgIMG_4192.jpgIMG_4195.jpgDSCF3850.jpg

My photobucket account http://s28.photobucket.com/user/Accy...?sort=2&page=1
password--Accyweb
Accyexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..