Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Pictures > Accy Photos
Donate! Join Today

Accy Photos Lets see some of your good Accrington photos. Please refrain from uploading copyrighted pictures! Also, if anyone has any photo requests, maybe some of our users could get them for you.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-04-2004, 19:42   #16
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!
Re: Where cant u take ur camera?

Military bases... The ones in Cyprus (classed as British soil) have signs expressley forbidding the use of cameras when I was staying there with my Cousin the other year, and I didn't fancy being shot. I assume British bases at home would have the same kind of signs. Mac might know..

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 02-04-2004, 12:11   #17
Jo

Cameras of any type are definitely not allowed in Hyndburn Sports Centre in order to protect children for mis-use of any photos people might unknowingly take of them.
You can never be too careful with all the preverts that are around these days.
Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 12:20   #18
God Member

An interesting parallel is mobiles...where can't you take your mobiles? I was at the Central Criminal Court (Old Bailey) a few years ago. Never mind that you can't take them into court - you can't even leave them in the cloakroom. If you've got a mobile with you, you don't get in the building.That simple
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 12:27   #19
Caz
God Member

Even videoing school concerts & such like seems to be going out the window for the same reasons, Jo.

Re the sports centre, are they supposed to check for photo mobiles??
Caz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 12:30   #20
Jo

Yes, you're not supposed to take photo mobiles in. It's hard to keep track of everyone and everything that enters, but if they see you with one, you could be in trouble. They have CCTV at the Sports Centre too, so that helps.
Old 02-04-2004, 12:33   #21
God Member

How do they distinguish between a normal mobile and a photo one? Is there a mobile phone inspection at reception?
Old 02-04-2004, 12:41   #22
Jo

No. It hink it's if they just catch you using it to take photos that you're in trouble, as I said, it's not easy to control.
Old 02-04-2004, 15:32   #23
Filthy / Gorgeous

University of Central Lancs library fines you a fiver if your mobile is switched on when you enter, as my mate found out to her cost when we went to take some books back a couple of years ago, and despite us being cheeky and trying to play the impoverished student card, the security man was having none of it.

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
Old 02-04-2004, 15:34   #24
Senior Member+

how can they enforce that? its just like woolworths doin it lol.
AccyStanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 15:36   #25
God Member

My barber down here (not that I need him much) storms out the shop & goes to the bookies if your mobile goes off.
Old 02-04-2004, 15:53   #26
Filthy / Gorgeous

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyStanFan
how can they enforce that? its just like woolworths doin it lol.
They have some sort of gizmo which bleeps as you enter the library if your phone is switched on. You cannot get past the barriers into the library without swiping your card over a barcode thingy and you have to pass the guard to get to the barrier. He catches you with alarming speed and accuracy. Even if you go in as part of a crowd, you all turn out your pockets and bags til he gets the right one. If you don't switch off your phone and pay your fiver he won't let you in. They have notices outside the library to tell you of the fine and to switch off your phones, so if you haven't done it's just tough...

Old 02-04-2004, 15:54   #27
God Member

Does the security guard get a cut of the money, like with the car clampers
Old 02-04-2004, 16:20   #28
Senior Member+

lol planting phones on ppl
Old 02-04-2004, 16:20   #29
Senior Member+

actually thats stupid, giving people phones lol

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..