Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hints/Tips/Advice (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f74/)
-   -   growing your own veggies (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f74/growing-your-own-veggies-36728.html)

MrsAleks 08-05-2008 20:50

Re: growing your own veggies

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashytart (Post 573531)
just use Carl as a prop :D:D:D

He not tall enough lol!!!!!!!!!! Gotta stand on tiptoes to kiss me lol!!!!!

Think maybe i'll put him in a bag of compost see if he grows a bit lol!!!!!!!

david1 08-05-2008 20:51

Will take a photo and put it in here tomorrow . but there are other things coming up in the gardens . carrots , turnips , onions celery ,shallots ,* and garlic which i dont like . but i have planted next to my carrots , because carrot fly dont like the smell . The grass needs cutting again aswell , only cut it last saturday !

flashy 08-05-2008 20:57

ah thats excellent, i know you wont be using the garlic when its grown so send some over here, i use loads of it ;)

david1 08-05-2008 20:58

Think mummiboo should have a go at planting your own veggies ??

flashy 08-05-2008 20:59

yeah she should, if i can do it then anyone can do it :D

MUMMIBOO 08-05-2008 21:04

1 Attachment(s)
The oy thing i can grow in my garden is dandilions! I had to get rid of the washing line because i was afraid someone might decapitate themselves playing footy. Its a shame really because i have a huge garden. Also we seem to get a million frogs in the summer!

That trampoline is 14ft and i would guess you could get about 3 of them in there.

MUMMIBOO 08-05-2008 21:08

I remember when i was little when we used to live next door to you david and i remember eating radishes out of your greenhouse!

Takes all day just to cut the grass never mind veggies maybe when mick makes these planters he was going to do i could put some in there.

flashy 08-05-2008 21:09

lol i know what you mean about dandilions, i hate the things, why do they seem to grow out of the bricks outside the house? whats all that about?

i need a big strong man with a petrol mower and strimmer to come and sort out my garden (the green one outside before i get any smart arse remarks)

MUMMIBOO 08-05-2008 21:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashytart (Post 573576)
lol i know what you mean about dandilions, i hate the things, why do they seem to grow out of the bricks outside the house? whats all that about?

i need a big strong man with a petrol mower and strimmer to come and sort out my garden (the green one outside before i get any smart arse remarks)

Well you cant borrow mine it takes to long to get him to do mine!

emamum 08-05-2008 21:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashytart (Post 573576)

i just need a mower and a strimmer :D

Mick 09-05-2008 09:25

4 Attachment(s)
My Brother asked me to put these on for him as he was having problems

flashy 09-05-2008 09:29

OH WOW look at the size of those:eek::eek::eek: your going to be eating veggies for the rest of your life Dave

david1 09-05-2008 10:16

Think i have got green fingers

MUMMIBOO 09-05-2008 11:24

Thats fantastic! you should be proud of yourself i wish i could do that.

flashy 09-05-2008 17:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by david1 (Post 573757)
Think i have got green fingers

soap always helps if your fingers are green, failing that you can get cream for that ;)