Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Hints/Tips/Advice
Donate! Join Today

Hints/Tips/Advice Tell everyone your money/time/effort saving hints and tips. Give or ask for advice in any area. Household, decorating, etc.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-02-2008, 21:12   #1

Advice Please ???

Hi all just wanted to bend your ears lol but most of all if im well out of order on this pls pls tell me !!! here we go ...............

Me and my Hubby have decided to get our house re valued, then depending on wot its worth will put it up for sale, however after sharing this with a few of my other mates and they just say well its up 2 you wot you do ect...... but one particular freind is'nt best plzed i dnt think ?? you see she has decided to send her son to the same school as my middle and my youngest son, how ever as she doesnt drive, she will struggle to pick him up as its a fair way, so i kinda said well i cud pick him up as im going there any way to get my 2 boys, this was talked about lat yr !! any way as ive spoke and mentioned about if we do move, depending on the area then the above plans will change esp if i move to lower darwen it would prob take over half an hour of two-ing and fro-wing !!! esp with the traffic up there !! then the nxt idea is she came up with was her hubby take them all to school and i drop them off at home time ??? but the distance is way too far. why cant she see this ???? if feel so tight on her but wot else can i do ???
howarth is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 10-02-2008, 21:18   #2
God Member

Re: Advice Please ???

I don't think you are out of order, things change and if you move she can't expect you to go miles out of your way to solve her problem!!

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 21:22   #3

thanx harwood red xx its realy started too do my nut in #! its like i havnt even rung the estate agent yet as im kinda putting it off !!! i might just mention too her too ava look at another school near bye just in case i cnt do it ??
Old 10-02-2008, 21:22   #4
God Member

I dont think its your problem and I certainly wouldn't consider not moving because of it, if she had anything about her she would tell you not to worry about it and she'll arrange something else.
Old 10-02-2008, 21:31   #5
God Member

Are you moving to Lower Darwen by choice
Old 10-02-2008, 21:45   #6

not too sure yet
i want it to be with in driving distance of the school
Old 11-02-2008, 08:41   #7
Beacon of light

Why should you make yourself responsible for what is, after all, her child?
No, don't give it a second thought.......you should do what you want to do.....she will have to sort out the transport for her child herself.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 09:14   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Why should you make yourself responsible for what is, after all, her child?
No, don't give it a second thought.......you should do what you want to do.....she will have to sort out the transport for her child herself.
Spot on!

Also what would she do if her child were ill and had to be collected straight away? Would you have to go and get him? Or if your children were ill and didn't go in are you expected to abandon them to take her son to school?

She is being unreasonable, she is responsible for him and to expect you to commit long-term to an arrangement like that is unfair (remember children go to school for at least 12 years!)
Old 11-02-2008, 09:48   #9
God Member

Emma, being one of the ones who has said do what is right for you john and the kids(even though i'll miss one of my best mates) just ignore the silly cow, you dont owe her anything.

what Emma hasnt told you lot is that this 'friend' of hers tries to live Emma's life, she has her hair cut just like Emma, she bought her house cos Emma bought hers, she even got a dog because Emma got one, Emma has 3 children so this 'friend' wanted 3 children too....she just wants to be her and its kinda freaky

EMMA JUST DO WHAT YOU WANNA DO and ignore the stupid cow
flashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 11:18   #10
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashytart View Post
Emma, being one of the ones who has said do what is right for you john and the kids(even though i'll miss one of my best mates) just ignore the silly cow, you dont owe her anything.

what Emma hasnt told you lot is that this 'friend' of hers tries to live Emma's life, she has her hair cut just like Emma, she bought her house cos Emma bought hers, she even got a dog because Emma got one, Emma has 3 children so this 'friend' wanted 3 children too....she just wants to be her and its kinda freaky

EMMA JUST DO WHAT YOU WANNA DO and ignore the stupid cow
That sounds like stalking to me -- move out of daily travelling distance ---and dont tell her your new address
MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 11:44   #11
God Member

lol your soooooooooo right margaret
flashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 13:49   #12
Resident Waffler

If that's all true then if I were you I'd be even more determined to move. You have to live your own life and not someone else's.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 14:01   #13
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

yer most important priority is YOU n yer FAMILY, its that simple,dont let this selfish brainless cow put you on a guilt trip, the guilt is hers.
Old 11-02-2008, 15:04   #14

i agree with every one here

its up to her how she picks up her child
youve been doing her a favour for the past few months
Old 11-02-2008, 15:58   #15
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

It sounds to me like this woman is not a friend. A ture friend would be more than happy for you to do what is right for you and your family, even if you were moving to the other side of the world..
Ignore her and do what is best for you and yours..

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..