Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Hints/Tips/Advice
Donate! Join Today

Hints/Tips/Advice Tell everyone your money/time/effort saving hints and tips. Give or ask for advice in any area. Household, decorating, etc.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-02-2008, 10:14   #1
God Member

bike chain help required

I bought Reece a new bike for christmas and the chain has buggered up on it, half of one of the links had come away, its kinda sticking up and when he goes to ride it, it jams the rest of the chain, anyone know how i can fix it or where i can get another chain from or can anyone offer me any help with it? i aint going to Heny Gregsons cos i live in Blackburn....HELP!!
Old 17-02-2008, 10:32   #2
God Member

Question Re: bike chain help required

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashytart View Post
I bought Reece a new bike for christmas and the chain has buggered up on it, half of one of the links has come away, its kinda sticking up and when he goes to ride it, it jams the rest of the chain, anyone know how i can fix it or where i can get another chain from or can anyone offer me any help with it? i aint going to Henry Gregsons cos i live in Blackburn....HELP!!

he's doing my head in

Last edited by flashy; 17-02-2008 at 10:33. Reason: because i forgot how to spell in the last post
flashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2008, 12:22   #3

Re: bike chain help required

Is there a Halfords in Blackburn? I think they do bike repairs & spares
Old 17-02-2008, 13:24   #4
God Member

yeah there is up near th'asda my mate got some bikes from there just before christmas, one of the wheels was buckled on one of the bikes, he took the bike back at the beginning of january and he only got it back last week, i dont think Reece will wait that long
Old 17-02-2008, 14:42   #5

Is there not a bike shop in blackburn similar to henry gregsons? Dont really know what to suggest as i was gonna say henry gregsons lol. Good luck sorting it though.
Old 17-02-2008, 16:43   #6
God Member

i havent a clue speedy, the bloke that used to own Leeds House at Antley only lives on the next street (he used to sell bikes) but as of this week he's decided to stop doing the kids bikes up, saying that he used to charge £5 just to change an innertube, just my luck hey...i live near the redcap so i'm kind of in the middle of Accy and Blackburn so unless Richard is off work i cant really take it anywhere and Reece has his mate staying who has brought his BMX over so they want to go out and play on them
Old 18-02-2008, 11:23   #7
Senior Member+

Theres one on blackburn road , i know that, near pc cellular i think

fc:stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2008, 12:12   #8
Senior Member+

Thats Henry Gregson's
Nickelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2008, 10:48   #9
Senior Member+

you can just buy the chain from halfords and do it yourself its pretty easy to fit one, otherwise try sports world or sports/socer whatever the one in bburn is called they sometimes have bike chains but remember to take your old one in for size
jackyalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2008, 10:50   #10
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackyalex View Post
you can just buy the chain from halfords and do it yourself its pretty easy to fit one, otherwise try sports world or sports/socer whatever the one in bburn is called they sometimes have bike chains but remember to take your old one in for size

cheers for that Jack
Old 19-02-2008, 10:53   #11
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

if the chain keeps coming off ya back tyre needs pulling back slightly, and then use some oil to loosen the chain,...if the chain is broke then .....errr get a new one
Old 19-02-2008, 11:00   #12
God Member

lol panther are you tired hun? will you start reading the posts properly please ... it is the chain thats broke

*shaz shakes her head*
Old 19-02-2008, 11:04   #13
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

oh god, iv done it again....LMAO.....i need sleep......sleeping.gif.....better wake up....
Old 19-02-2008, 11:18   #14
Senior Member+

do they not sell bike chains down at the range? i hav'nt been in the range only drove past it , hence me not knowing what they sell, or try any diy hardware shops
jackyalex is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..