Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Hints/Tips/Advice
Donate! Join Today

Hints/Tips/Advice Tell everyone your money/time/effort saving hints and tips. Give or ask for advice in any area. Household, decorating, etc.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-02-2008, 12:47   #1
God Member

Cold sores

What treatment is best for cold sores? I had some cheap cold sore cream but it didn't seem to do much, and the cold sore is right on the crease of my lip so it keeps cracking open again and it hurts i've resorted to TCP until I know of something more suitable.

Thankyou
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 12-02-2008, 12:50   #2
Beacon of light

Re: Cold sores

Zovirax...or one of the creams that incorporates acyclovir(aciclovir - alternative spelling).
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 13:19   #3
God Member

blazey whatever ya do dont 'do' anything with yer fella whilst you have one
flashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 13:22   #4
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashytart View Post
blazey whatever ya do dont 'do' anything with yer fella whilst you have one
Yes obviously, although once you have the virus you always have it so it wouldn't make a different whether I had one or not surely?

Also there are two strains of the virus, and the one I have would have a low risk of spreading to my boyfriend in that way as the form of the virus down there is a different strain of it.

My friend has the worst strain of the virus. Disgusting
Old 12-02-2008, 13:23   #5
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Zovirax...or one of the creams that incorporates acyclovir(aciclovir - alternative spelling).
I'll have a look in asda later then, hopefully i'll find one that manages to clear it up.

My valentines day isn't going very well is it, i've got cold sore, my nasty rash (that clearly isn't thrush because its not clearing up with canestan)....

I give up lol
Old 12-02-2008, 13:26   #6
God Member

cold sores are herpes, one is herpes zoster and the other is herpes simplex, ive suffered from coldsores since i was about 4, you just have to be really careful

and believe me if you have one on your mouth i strongly suggest you dont go down on your man whilst you have it, i know someone who did that when they had a coldsore on there mouth and it ended up on her fella's manhood, so yes it does spread that way
Old 12-02-2008, 13:30   #7
God Member

Quote:
cold sores are herpes, one is herpes zoster and the other is herpes simplex, ive suffered from coldsores since i was about 4, you just have to be really careful

and believe me if you have one on your mouth i strongly suggest you dont go down on your man whilst you have it, i know someone who did that when they had a coldsore on there mouth and it ended up on her fella's manhood, so yes it does spread that way
Its rare to spread that way, most people dont get the strain of herpes thats most likely to do that, unless of course you have gone down on someone that already had the nasty strain of it.

My mates got the herps down his bits and its disgusting, thats what happens when you sleep with people that cant be careful though. He slept with a stripper, cant remember her name now, but I guess he deserves it. Never known anyone so stupid.

Also, I'm catholic, I dont DO sex.
Old 12-02-2008, 13:31   #8
Beacon of light

With respect to the herpes virus, you are right about them being different strains.....they are HSV 1 and HSV 2.......you are right also about them always being present in your system....however, you only pass them on when the virus is active......that is, when you have a cold sore.......and you can get HSV 1 below the belt so to speak, and HSV 2 above the belt.
In fact the cold sore that you get on your lip id more dangerous than the one you get in the lingerie dept, as the virus can retreat along nerve roots and cause herpetic encephalitis....you can also transfer the virus to your eyes....so careful handwashing is a must.
Old 12-02-2008, 13:32   #9
Beacon of light

Flashy, herpes Zoster is the virus that is responsible for Shingles, not cold sores.
Old 12-02-2008, 13:35   #10
God Member

there are two strains of simplex virus, which is what i thought flashy meant.
Old 12-02-2008, 13:36   #11
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Flashy, herpes Zoster is the virus that is responsible for Shingles, not cold sores.

I wonder if I have shingles....
Old 12-02-2008, 13:36   #12
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazey View Post
Its rare to spread that way, most people dont get the strain of herpes thats most likely to do that, unless of course you have gone down on someone that already had the nasty strain of it.

tell you what seen as you think you know it all, why not give it a go and see who is right
Old 12-02-2008, 13:40   #13
God Member

Quote:
tell you what seen as you think you know it all, why not give it a go and see who is right
Ermmm no, I am not dirty enough to attempt to spread disease. I've had the cold sore for a week now. It hasn't spread to his face when he has insisted on a kiss, so I will resist going down on him.
Old 12-02-2008, 13:40   #14
Beacon of light

As I said in the previous post......you CAN get HSV 1 in the knicker Dept.....if you are up to naughtiness like that.......equally you can get HSV 2 on your lips,or face.......again if you are up to naughtiness of that ilk.
Old 12-02-2008, 13:41   #15
God Member

Quote:
I don't need to know if you are right, I've spoken to the doctor about it before and been TOLD that its not likely to happen.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..