Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Hints/Tips/Advice
Donate! Join Today

Hints/Tips/Advice Tell everyone your money/time/effort saving hints and tips. Give or ask for advice in any area. Household, decorating, etc.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-02-2008, 13:43   #16
Beacon of light

Re: Cold sores

The other thing about cold sores is that they need to be treated when you first feel the 'tingle'......it is unlikely that Zovirax will shorten the course of the complaint if you have had it for so long......but be reassured your next cold sore won't hurt as much and will not last as long.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 12-02-2008, 13:43   #17
God Member

so if you've spoken to the doctor about it before then why do you need advice on which treatment to use?
flashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 13:43   #18
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazey View Post
What treatment is best for cold sores? I had some cheap cold sore cream but it didn't seem to do much, and the cold sore is right on the crease of my lip so it keeps cracking open again and it hurts i've resorted to TCP until I know of something more suitable.

Thankyou
best cure for cold sores is biting your lip and keeping your gob shut!
Trentster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 13:44   #19
Beacon of light

Quote:
I don't need to know if you are right, I've spoken to the doctor about it before and been TOLD that its not likely to happen.

I am very surprised that a doctor gave you information like that.....it isn't true!
Old 12-02-2008, 13:45   #20
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
I am very surprised that a doctor gave you information like that.....it isn't true!

thankyou
flashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 13:45   #21
Beacon of light

A used teabag will take some of the discomfort away from the area.
We used to use this trick for patients with genital herpes....as well as systemic acyclovir....and copper sulphate washes.
Old 12-02-2008, 13:47   #22
Beacon of light

If you have seen a doctor, I am surprised that he didn't prescribe Zovirax for you.
And you should have let him look at your other rash too, maybe he could have sorted out a better antifungal treatment......something like Diflucan orally.
Old 12-02-2008, 13:51   #23
God Member

I don't normally get cold sores this bad, and so i've normally just let them go away naturally. Hence why I'm asking for remedies.

I'm seeing the doctor tomorrow, who will be able to diagnose my rash and cold sore properly.

Flashy, whilst I understand that you may have had herpes in both places and been diagnosed yourself, I was told it is rare to spread from one type to another, not impossible, and you are obviously an unlucky person.

The problem with herpes 'down below' is that condoms wont always protect you against the infected area so you should be more inquisitive before you sleep with people or let them go down on you.

My boyfriend is at no risk though.
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 13:52   #24
God Member

Michelle i have only ever had it on my mouth LOVE, it was my friend Billy who got it down there
Old 12-02-2008, 13:56   #25
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashytart View Post
Michelle i have only ever had it on my mouth LOVE, it was my friend Billy who got it down there
Yes its always 'the friend'

And dont call me love, it adds years to you.
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 14:00   #26

oooooooooooooh Shaz your now 40 as opposed to your real age....anyway love how u doing?
Old 12-02-2008, 15:51   #27
Senior Member+

try some perfume or aftershave, it has to be alchohol based, IT WILL STING but it will dry it up quickly, i used to have coldsores and my grandad used to put aftershave on them and they dried up in a day then put some vasaline or lip salve on to stop it cracking anymore because that hurts too
jackyalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 16:22   #28
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
I'm not just surprised that a doctor told you that, I'm appalled!!!!!!!

Of course you can get both HSV1 and HSV2 in the downstairs dept.... One of the most common ways to catch it is by oral sex. I have seen loads of women who have caught it this way.

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 16:38   #29
God Member

michelle you could always try arsenic LOVE
Old 12-02-2008, 18:25   #30
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

Quote:
I wonder if I have shingles....
You can only get shingles if you have previously had chickenpox. After having chickenpox the virus lies dormant in the nerves, and shingles occurs when it is revitalised in one particular nerve to the skin.

it is nowt to so with coldsores, besides if ya did you would be in agony!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..