Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Hints/Tips/Advice
Donate! Join Today

Hints/Tips/Advice Tell everyone your money/time/effort saving hints and tips. Give or ask for advice in any area. Household, decorating, etc.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-12-2007, 18:45   #1
Senior Member+

christmas lights

i have christmas lights for my window but i can get them to stay up... ive tried blue tak, which looks really stupid and sellotape but the keep falling down.... any one any ideas on ho to get them to stay up? i hav upvc windows so no drawing pins thanx

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012

Last edited by emamum; 10-12-2007 at 18:46. Reason: 4got my manners :)
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 10-12-2007, 18:49   #2
Resident Waffler

Re: christmas lights

I've got sticky on plastic hooks and they stay there all year, but the lights are presently not working.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 18:51   #3
Senior Member+

my tree lights stopped working yesterday.. i only got them on weds!

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 18:53   #4
Senior Member+

yep hooks on suckers from pound shop for about 20!
Old 10-12-2007, 23:03   #5
God Member

If your lights pack in, get an electricians screwdriver, start with first light, remove it, test the socket for live, continue down the line one at a time, when you have no live, it was the bulb before the one you have no live in, change the bulb and they will work.
Old 11-12-2007, 03:25   #6
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekgas View Post
If your lights pack in, get an electricians screwdriver, start with first light, remove it, test the socket for live, continue down the line one at a time, when you have no live, it was the bulb before the one you have no live in, change the bulb and they will work.
Most lights now are low voltage so it depends if your screwdriver with indicate 24v. It is easier to take each buld out and test it with a bulb tester for a couple of quid in asda.
Old 11-12-2007, 16:33   #7
Resting in Peace

do you have to keep your finger on the end of the screw driver... or is it that you have to keep your finer off it:
magpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 19:26   #8
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

I use sellotape, and have no problems, try buying really sticky tape

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..