Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Hints/Tips/Advice
Donate! Join Today

Hints/Tips/Advice Tell everyone your money/time/effort saving hints and tips. Give or ask for advice in any area. Household, decorating, etc.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-01-2010, 16:40   #1
Senior Member+

Dehumidifier

I actually think this might supposed to be in hints,tips and advice but if its wrong im sure dad will move it .

Im after getting a dehumidifier and after looking around i realise i havent got a clue what im looking for really, i think all the fascias and gutters need replacing but as we cant afford it at this time well its tough! lol all the ceilings upstairs are growing black mould and its affecting Katies health, and due to have a baby in the next 7 weeks i need to get at least a temp solution i think the problem has been made worse this year due to the snow.

Looking into it a dehumidifier should help but which one to get is the question i would like to know if any of you have one? does it help what kind is it, where is a good place to get one from and what size should i get? i have a largeish 3 bed house.

Thank you for any help you can provide.xx
Old 02-01-2010, 17:11   #2
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Dehumidifier

we got one mummiboo its n AMCOR SD-10, i aint very technical, but it does a good job fer us, check em out online i would suggest.
Old 02-01-2010, 17:12   #3
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUMMIBOO View Post
I actually think this might supposed to be in hints,tips and advice but if its wrong im sure dad will move it .

Im after getting a dehumidifier and after looking around i realise i havent got a clue what im looking for really, i think all the fascias and gutters need replacing but as we cant afford it at this time well its tough! lol all the ceilings upstairs are growing black mould and its affecting Katies health, and due to have a baby in the next 7 weeks i need to get at least a temp solution i think the problem has been made worse this year due to the snow.

Looking into it a dehumidifier should help but which one to get is the question i would like to know if any of you have one? does it help what kind is it, where is a good place to get one from and what size should i get? i have a largeish 3 bed house.

Thank you for any help you can provide.xx
I've had one in the kitchen for over 25 years, it was made in Canada and has been running ever since.

Had three upstairs over the past 15 years, one of my daughters has gone through 4 in ten years.

There are dozens of different makes on the internet, and with a house that size you'l need at least two.

Best to get a good one in the sales if its not too late.

Retlaw.

Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 11:57   #4

If it will be running continuously, best to get one with a hose that can vent into a sink or somewhere. I use one at the shop which uses a tray that I need to empty every two days.

It's only a single room, but it still collects 1½ pints a day!

Studio25 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..