Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Hints/Tips/Advice
Donate! Join Today

Hints/Tips/Advice Tell everyone your money/time/effort saving hints and tips. Give or ask for advice in any area. Household, decorating, etc.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-12-2009, 19:21   #1
God Member

Sore Eye

my right eye is dead sore, both corners (if you can call them corners) are very red and really hurting, so much so one of my neighbours has just been in and asked if i'd been in a fight (no i havent, not for a couple of years anyway)

other than using a tea bag what else is there i can put on it?
Old 20-12-2009, 19:28   #2
God Member

Re: Sore Eye

cucumber is soothing

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2009, 19:35   #3
God Member

thanx hun.....i dont have any though lol
Old 20-12-2009, 19:36   #4
God Member

i know that rubbing a gold ring on a sty works but it doesnt work on this...i've tried it already
Old 20-12-2009, 19:53   #5

I've used milk as an eyewash before now, it seems to help.

Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2009, 20:00   #6
God Member

i'll give that a go, thanx Sara
Old 20-12-2009, 20:02   #7
God Member

Poke your finger in yer left one, certainly take the thought about the right one away

Seriously - milk in an eye bath

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2009, 05:10   #8
Junior Member+

flashy, only one cure love, ALCOHOL.don,t put it on your eye, drink it.
Old 21-12-2009, 07:06   #9
Senior Member+

Remember to take the spoon out of the cup - Seriously, Chemist/Doctor/Hospital soonest!!!!!!!
Old 21-12-2009, 07:14   #10
God Member

Ken, i've tried the milk....it hasn't helped and neither has your stupid sense of humour

Zac, i aint a drinker so i don't have any of that in the house

Barrie, your not funny
Old 21-12-2009, 07:24   #11
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

You should about having it looked at Shaz, pain in the butt to get to the quacks for you in this snow though. Good fun sledging back home though.

Rhonda hurt her eye (look at her facebook) last Thursday. Friday morning she could not see it was watering that bad. She has spent most of the time with a patch on it as even a draft was painful.

I always say, don't mess about when it comes to your eyes. We only have 2 and as she has found out, having 1 changes everything. I am only half as ugly as usual. Even walking outside is hard aas you can't judge distance and don't really feel safe.
Old 21-12-2009, 07:37   #12
God Member

its the eyelid Neil, i'll be reet
Old 21-12-2009, 07:56   #13
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

If that all it is stop moaning you soft git

I was talking to a lad work about eyes. He said years ago someone sprayed isopropanol in his eye (must have been an idiot). Supposedly it makes your eye close up for about half an hour. He said he splashed some process water in it and went home.

Sounds like a stupid way to skive of work to me
Old 21-12-2009, 08:39   #14
God Member

If it just the lid, it is likely this
Blepharitis treatment
I had it once - soak a small piece of clean cloth in hot water and wipe the eyelid from the centre to the outside, several times a day.
.........and don't use mascara (which is likely where you got the infection from)

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2009, 08:53   #15
God Member

your probably right there Margaret, i use mascara quite a lot when i go out, also thought it might have been my nails, had them done a couple of weeks ago and they are acrylic and gel, i thought maybe they had irritated my eye, thanx

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..