Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Hints/Tips/Advice
Donate! Join Today

Hints/Tips/Advice Tell everyone your money/time/effort saving hints and tips. Give or ask for advice in any area. Household, decorating, etc.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-12-2009, 09:03   #16
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Re: Sore Eye

If it was mascara Shaz I would expect it would be both eyes. Eye infections are very contagious and you would easliy pass it from one to the other with the mascara brush
Old 21-12-2009, 09:11   #17
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
If it was mascara Shaz I would expect it would be both eyes. Eye infections are very contagious and you would easliy pass it from one to the other with the mascara brush
I starts with a blocked hair follicle.
The infection wouldn't have spread from one eye to the other if she was sensible and stopped using mascara when the infection started.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2009, 09:31   #18
Resting in Peace

The best thing to do when you've got a sore eye is rub it with your elbow
Old 21-12-2009, 09:57   #19
Resting in Peace

If it were me Flashy, I would not use any preparations at this stage ... just a warm/hottish water compress a few times a day. It should clear itself in a few days.

If it doesn't, may need some form of antibiotic .. just keep your eye on it (so to speak .. )

Better be safe too and throw out the eye make up you have been using over the last few days. Not necessarily this ... you will probably never know where it came from, after all, we used to get these when we were young children and didn't wear make-up then, however, infectious so probably passed on from our friends.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2009, 10:44   #20

I often get blepharitis, and was advised to bathe my eyelids using boiled, cold water in which some bi-carb of soda has been disolved - about a teaspoon to a pint, which I keep in the fridge. It does work!
ossylass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2009, 10:57   #21
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by ossylass View Post
I often get blepharitis, and was advised to bathe my eyelids using boiled, cold water in which some bi-carb of soda has been disolved - about a teaspoon to a pint, which I keep in the fridge. It does work!
Yes, we always used Bi-carb for this purpose too Ossylass ... was told helps to "draw out the puss" ... but think just a good cleansing agent.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2009, 11:02   #22
God Member

I only had that blepharitis once and notice that, since then, my eyelashes on that eye are shorter and point inwards towards my nose.
I think that increasing my intake of omega oils has warded off future re-occurances.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2009, 11:18   #23
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
I only had that blepharitis once and notice that, since then, my eyelashes on that eye are shorter and point inwards towards my nose.
I think that increasing my intake of omega oils has warded off future re-occurances.
Or maybe all the stuff you take is making your hairs grow in funny ways

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2009, 16:11   #24

If you are still suffering try to get hold of some 'Optrex- -infected eyes'. You can buy it over the counter at the chemist. It should put you on til you get to the docs

Jelly Baby
jelly baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2009, 16:23   #25

My mum used to swear by "Golden Eye Ointment" but i dont know if its still avaliable
AngleIron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2009, 17:14   #26
Give, give, give member

Try sleeping with mittens on.

Perhaps you're a scratcher.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2009, 17:32   #27
God Member

lol cheers for the tip Gary
Old 29-12-2009, 14:51   #28

Golden eye ointment is still around.

Jelly Baby
jelly baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2009, 14:44   #29

Is the eye any better flashy? Hope so, if not think you seriously need to get it looked at as it's been going on now for a while.

Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2009, 16:01   #30
God Member

yeah it got better thanx, maybe it was just cold that got in it and cracked it like it does with lips, i just bathed it in warm water and a few days after that it went

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..