Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Hints/Tips/Advice
Donate! Join Today

Hints/Tips/Advice Tell everyone your money/time/effort saving hints and tips. Give or ask for advice in any area. Household, decorating, etc.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-04-2005, 20:05   #16
God Member

Re: Dry Nights

Thanks Slinky and Tinkerbelle, I have heard about the temperature issue and the drink so I haven't stopped her drink, I've been lifting her but sometimes she doesn't want to wee, any yes I agree with the dont make an issue of it so I'm not, I dont want to upset her, thanks for your good advice!
grego is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 02-04-2005, 20:42   #17

I just reckon you should throw away any books that tell you that a child has to hit target x by date y. I'd also ban new mothers from buying anything written by Miriam Stoppard. They say you shouldn't compare children as they are all different, but by writing these books they're making you compare your own children with others.
PurpleLass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 11:03   #18
Resting in peace

The nappy-type knickers could be a good idea, but at 2 years old, it is still early days. Very few people still wet the bed at 18! It is really a question of time and goodwill, no big deal about it.

I have always thought "potty-training" is not the greatest idea. When my daughter was 2 and a bit, she went to a new babyminder, and there was another child who wore knickers. Catie asked if she could wear knickers too. I told her she could, but she would have to use the potty. No problem, it took less than a week. Like I say, there are very few still wetting the bed at 18, and fewer still in nappies!
pendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 11:21   #19
Senior Member+

I saw something on the local news last week about some people who supposedly try and potty train at 8 weeks.

I don't think it was on April 1st, but it may have been...

vorlon24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 20:48   #20
God Member

Eight week, that must have been a joke Vorlon, I wouldn't have thought they'd have any muscle control at that age. The toilet training during the day only took a week or so, she got the hang of that strasight away, yes I think your right Pendy there aren't many in nappies at 18, I'm not going to stress about it, but its good to hear other peoples experiences.
Old 04-04-2005, 21:55   #21
Resident Waffler

I used to worry about it when my first child was a toddler. I thought it was the hardest part of child-rearing. Then someone said the same thing to me about not seeing many adults who wear nappies and just to let her find her own time. We'd have dry nappies in the mornings but betcha boots if I left the nappy off we'd have a wet bed. Then I tried the pull-ups things instead of nappies and after a little while (and warmer weather) moved from those to knickers and it worked.

I think the less I worried about it the more relaxed we both were.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2005, 09:03   #22
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by grego
Eight week, that must have been a joke Vorlon, I wouldn't have thought they'd have any muscle control at that age. The toilet training during the day only took a week or so, she got the hang of that strasight away, yes I think your right Pendy there aren't many in nappies at 18, I'm not going to stress about it, but its good to hear other peoples experiences.
I discussed it with my missus Grego, and we agreed that a baby of that age would have no idea of what it was doing anyway.

The only time you know about it is when they start squalling for a new nappy!

vorlon24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2005, 20:57   #23
God Member

Also Vorlon at 8 weeks they haven't control of their bodies at all, and who'd want their baby potty trained at that age! Not me anyway.
Old 17-04-2005, 15:44   #24
Senior Member+

I have two children and neither of them have ever wet the bed i was'nt expecting my second to be the same as the first but he was and i think the reason is simply because they were ready, its not a problem if she isnt ready just leave her nappy on a little longer and keep trying what all the other posts say are true too dont make a fuss dont stop the drinks and all but dont force her if shes not ready mine were very nearly 3 years old before they went to bed full time with no nappy on and it worked.

Not saying it will work for you but give it a try.

Hope all goes well.
MUMMIBOO is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..