Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Hints/Tips/Advice
Donate! Join Today

Hints/Tips/Advice Tell everyone your money/time/effort saving hints and tips. Give or ask for advice in any area. Household, decorating, etc.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-03-2005, 19:39   #1
God Member

Smile Dry Nights

Can anyone give me some advice on how to achieve dry nights with my 2 yr old. Ellie's been dry during the day for about 6 months and no longer wants to wear a nappy for bed, I didn't think it'd be a problem as her nappies have been dry in the mornings. Take them off however and its a different story, its early days this is only her fifth night, any advice would be useful though, she still wants a bottle before bed and I've tried waking her for the toilet when I go to bed but she wont wee.
grego is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 29-03-2005, 19:46   #2
I am Banned

Re: Dry Nights

Oh i was gonna say not to give her drinks an hr b4 bedtime till she wakes up in the morning its the only advice i can give specially if u wake her n she wont pee, thats how i night trained my 2 altho there are times where accidents occur even when much older n i go back to rule no drink hr b4 bedtime n solves the prob.

HTH
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2005, 19:52   #3
God Member

Thanks for the advice, I'll try and keep her up a bit longer after her bottle.
Old 29-03-2005, 19:54   #4

Hi. We have a 2 year old and have had the same problem, the best thing i can suggest is stop the drink after a certain time and give a smaller ammount for bed. Glynn Web sell mattress protectors for about 2.99.
bobthedj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2005, 20:07   #5
God Member

Thanks Bob, mattress protector is in place already, dont mind the washing, will cut down the quantity in her bottle, just dont want to upset her too much.
Old 29-03-2005, 20:08   #6
I am Banned

No problem grego hope the nite go well n dont worry over a few set backs as long as there is more dry nites than wet n good sug of mattress protectors will help

Quote:
Originally Posted by grego
Thanks for the advice, I'll try and keep her up a bit longer after her bottle.
Old 29-03-2005, 20:31   #7
Senior Member+

Think it's all down to perseverence and patience Grego! It takes the little one a while before they realise there is no nappy there,habit i would imagine.
Old 29-03-2005, 21:57   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindsay ormerod
Think it's all down to perseverence and patience Grego! It takes the little one a while before they realise there is no nappy there,habit i would imagine.
Put her to bed at the regular time, then just as you're going to bed yourself take her to the toilet again. It feels a bit cruel waking them up but they barely notice and are asleep again within seconds. It does work.
PurpleLass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2005, 21:58   #9

Oh, then I forgot to add - don't do it at the same time every night. You've got to mix it up a bit so that it doesn't become a routine.

Also, stop juice hr before bedtime like suggested.
PurpleLass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2005, 23:20   #10
Accy Goddess

This may sound silly but try swapping the nappy for knickers.
ANNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2005, 13:06   #11
Senior Member+

We used to leave a potty in the bedroom for our daughter, so that if she wakes up she can use it.

We made sure she knew where it was in case she needed it.

Other than that, it just takes perserverance - our eldest went at 2yrs 4 months, and our daughter got it at about 2yrs 6mths.

vorlon24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2005, 20:07   #12
God Member

Thanks everyone, had another wet night last night, I took her to the loo at 2200hrs (cant seem to stay up much later), she weed 2 hours later, I'll continue to do this though, I know I need to be patient and perservere, it hasn't been a week yet since removing the nappy so its still early days I suppose, the potty is now in position as well, though she does tend to pick it up and spill it!
Old 30-03-2005, 20:23   #13
I am Banned

She'll soon get hang of it like ppl have said its perseverance somehow it'll click n then the odd deep sleep n forget
Old 30-03-2005, 21:24   #14
God Member

Actually proffesionals say not to stop the drinks before bed because you will upset her routine grego and she may get distreesed by all the changes. The best way to deal with it is to make as little fuss as possible about it. They say stopping drinks has little or no affect on bed wetting at all. My own children have little accidents every so often and I say to them ''it doesn't matter, your bedding will wash'' and then leave it at that. If you make a 'todo' about the situation it just becomes a massive issue and can actually make them wet the bed more. Hope this helps grego.

Miracles do happen!!

slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2005, 21:24   #15
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANNE
This may sound silly but try swapping the nappy for knickers.

This is really good advice grego as sometimes I think the cold can make them wee when they are turning over in bed, my little one still has accidents at 7 year old but it's usually in winter so that's the presumption I came too, it is the cold.

My health visitor told me when I was struggling with bed wetting not to stop the bedtime drink but yes to supervise the quantity because they need to strengthen their bladder to hold their wee in over night and stopping drinks doesn't strengthen it. She said what everyone else on here has said about patience and perseverance, never to make an issue of a bed wetting incident and that some children are born with strong bladders and others can take years to strengthen.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..