Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Hints/Tips/Advice
Donate! Join Today

Hints/Tips/Advice Tell everyone your money/time/effort saving hints and tips. Give or ask for advice in any area. Household, decorating, etc.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-01-2008, 09:30   #1
God Member

Dyson DC 07

i bought a re-conditioned Dyson yesterday off that bloke on the flea market who has been selling them on there for years, two of my mtaes recommended him because they have both had one off him and the dysons have lasted 2 years so far, i only paid £20 for it so i wasnt expecting much, brought it home yesterday, plugged it in, hoovered the living room and the hall and it was fine, plugged it in this morning, did the landing and half of my bedroom and it stopped working, it just cut out, i changed the fuse and emptied it and still no joy.

anyone any ideas?

i cant take it back till next week because i think he only does the market on a Thursday
Old 18-01-2008, 11:14   #2

Re: Dyson DC 07

oh dear you dnt av much look with hoovers hun do you lol (even the ones that ive given you) lol

I would deff take it back hun xx
howarth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2008, 11:22   #3
God Member

They have a thermal cut out switch. If the filters get blocked teh motor overheats and it cuts out. DAMHIKIJDOK

Clean all teh filters ( there is a sponge thing in teh 'side' and another one under teh drum (Which Dyson reckon is not replaceable butyou can buy them on ebay)

The sponge one is usually the problem. Its held in a plastic 'outer' you just have to get your finger in the hoel and pull it out equally on all sides, there is no locking mechanism but its a very tight fit.

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2008, 11:27   #4
God Member

My Dyson leaflet says that the sponge filter should be cleaned every 6 months -looks like yours hasn't

PS look here
http://www.international.dyson.com/a...sinavtype=menu

Last edited by MargaretR; 18-01-2008 at 11:29.
MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2008, 12:54   #5
God Member

cheers Ian and Margaret, i've looked at the filter and its very clean
Old 18-01-2008, 12:59   #6
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

check the wire hasnt come out, it could be a thermal cutout, mine did it once
as for cleaning the filters , i have had mine for about 6 years and only ever cleaned it once....lol

but i would take it back and ram it up his ass
Old 18-01-2008, 13:00   #7
God Member

It is designed to trap very fine particles which wont look like the thick muck you would collect in the bin section - so it might look reasonably clean - wash it anyway and try again

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2008, 13:04   #8
Beacon of light

I bought a dyson from this man and he is very reasonable.....I washed the thick filter and it DID need it.......my dyson was bought from him more than two years ago and it is going strong.......he will sort out your problem if you go back with it, I think he is sometimes on the market on a Sunday.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2008, 13:14   #9
God Member

well ive cleaned it out anyway, its now on the radiator but i reckon its got something to do with the on/off switch

i'm going to have to wait till next Thursday anyway Marg, the only way i can get to accy is on the bus, and i dont want to be wandering round town on a sunday with a dyson if he aint there
Old 18-01-2008, 13:16   #10
God Member

Panther where would i check for the wire coming out? ive looked at the top where the wire goes in and its locked in, wouldnt know where to start with opening it
Old 18-01-2008, 13:17   #11
Beacon of light

No....they are a bit of an encumbrance. Not really the ideal travelling companion.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2008, 13:53   #12
Senior Member+

I had a dyson DC 01 from him for 2 years and it was fine for that time, then it stopped sucking properly,got a DC04 from him not long and i hate it-it also occasionally cuts out the motor is whiny already and i am too-whiny at Corker to buy me a brand new one

Christmas isn't a season. It's a feeling,Edna Ferber.

check out our wedding pictures taken by the lovely gareth at studio25....
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...6&id=619840253

mrskitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2008, 13:53   #13
God Member

i carried it home from the bus stop yesterday and i had back ache all darn night lol

Ian i can get the filter out under the drum, i got the one out at the side but the other one is one hell of a ****** to get to
Old 18-01-2008, 13:54   #14
God Member

D what do you do when it cuts out?
Old 18-01-2008, 16:09   #15
Senior Member+

Let it cool down,kick the ****** and hope it starts again

Christmas isn't a season. It's a feeling,Edna Ferber.

check out our wedding pictures taken by the lovely gareth at studio25....

mrskitty is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..