Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Hints/Tips/Advice
Donate! Join Today

Hints/Tips/Advice Tell everyone your money/time/effort saving hints and tips. Give or ask for advice in any area. Household, decorating, etc.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-05-2006, 18:18   #1

Find the crime facts in Lancashire!

http://www.saferlancashire.co.uk/
This is a new website set up to give you facts about crime in your area if you live in Lancashire!
This is what the front page say's!
LANCASHIRE MADE PUBLIC. A new website has been launched giving ward based statistics on Crime and Disorder in Lancashire - "Lancashire MADE Public" on Safer Lancashire. The website aims to reduce the gap between the fear of crime and disorder and actual levels of crime and disorder in the County. It is aimed at Lancashire’s residents, the business community and organisations engaged in delivering the community safety agenda. A number of ‘drop in’ sessions have been organised at libraries around the County in May where MADE project staff are available to give a tour of the website and answer any questions people might have. Please contact the MADE project (01772 530732/532864) for further information about this initiative.
I hope this site is of use to you!!

wayneyboy1942 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 03-05-2006, 22:33   #2
Give, give, give member

Re: Find the crime facts in Lancashire!

If you click on the Hyndburn link from the first page it just says Hyndburn and a page full of a foreign language....NOTHING ELSE!

I was so miffed I decided not to venture any further.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 09:15   #3
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayneyboy1942
http://www.saferlancashire.co.uk/
. A number of ‘drop in’ sessions have been organised at libraries around the County in May where MADE project staff are available to give a tour of the website and answer any questions people might have.I hope this site is of use to you!!
What a shame that there will not be a 'drop-in' session and website tour at Church Library sometime over May. The council shut the doors for the last time on 29th April.So while Labour-controlled LCC can waste money setting up this nonsense - all it does is tell us something we already know - Church heads further up the deprivation index by the simple absence of it's libary, the last bit of public infrastructure we had left.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 10:15   #4

I'm sorry that the site is'nt much use Peeps!! to be honest I just went on the Wyre bit and assumed it would be the same sort of info on all the other sites!!
still i tried!!

wayneyboy1942 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 10:42   #5
Give, give, give member

Not your fault.

I'm still seething that the first page I clicked on for Hyndburn wasn't in bloody English.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 12:03   #6
God Member

What does that say about what LCC think of Hyndburn.

Tealeaf the library may be gone but at least the pub is still there.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..