Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Hints/Tips/Advice
Donate! Join Today

Hints/Tips/Advice Tell everyone your money/time/effort saving hints and tips. Give or ask for advice in any area. Household, decorating, etc.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-03-2006, 16:52   #16
Give, give, give member

Re: Hangover cures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grannyclaret
a good soak in the bath with lots of radox.....
Hee hee, I've been known to do that before the hangover kicks in, well I did on my birthday this year.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 05-03-2006, 18:27   #17
God Member

When going to bed, take 2 paracetamol......and drink a pint of water, also drink water when you wake up through out the night.........

Usually works for me ( when i remember to drink the water and take the paracetamol)

Miracles do happen!!

slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 20:22   #18
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda
a little nap seems to have done the trick.
Little. There was over 7 hours between your posts
Old 06-03-2006, 08:50   #19
Resting in Peace

How to Rate a Hangover
Only those who have been there can identify with this.........

One Star Hangover (*)
No pain. No real feeling of illness. You're able to function relatively well. However, you are still parched. You can drink 5 cokes and still feel this way. For some reason, you are craving a steak & chips.

Two Star Hangover (**)
No pain, but something is definitely amiss. You may look okay, but you have the mental capacity of a staple gun. The coffee you are chugging is only
increasing your rumbling gut, which is still tossing around the fruity pancake from the 3:00 AM, Waffle House excursion. There is some definite
havoc being wreaked upon your bowels.

Three Star Hangover (***)
Slight headache. Stomach feels crappy. You are definitely not productive. Anytime a girl walks by you gag because her perfume reminds you of the
flavored schnapps shots your alcoholic friends dared you to drink. Life would be better right now if you were home in your bed watching Lucy reruns. You've had 4 cups of coffee, a gallon of water, 3 iced teas and a diet Coke --- yet you haven't peed once.

Four Star Hangover (****)
Life sucks. Your head is throbbing. You can't speak too quickly or else you might puke. Your boss has already lambasted you for being late and has given you a lecture for reeking of booze. You wore nice
clothes, but that can't hide the fact that you only shaved one side of your face. (For the ladies, it looks like you put your make-up on while riding the bumper cars.) Your eyes look like one big red vein,
and even your hair hurts. Your sphincter is in perpetual spasm, and the first of about five ****s you take during the day brings water to the eyes of everyone who enters the bathroom.

Five Star Hangover(*****)
You have a second heartbeat in your head, which is actually annoying the employee who sits in the next cube. Vodka vapor is seeping out of every pore and making you dizzy. You still have toothpaste crust in the corners of your mouth from brushing your teeth in an attempt to get the remnants of the poop fairy out. Your body has lost the ability to generate saliva so your tongue is suffocating you. You don't have the foggiest idea who the hell the stranger was passed out in your bed this morning. Any attempt to
defecate results in a fire hose like discharge of alcohol-scented fluid with a rare 'floater' thrown in. The sole purpose of this 'floater' seems to be to splash the toilet water all over your butt. Death sounds pretty good about right now
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 11:02   #20
God Member

Best hangover cure is not to drink booze in the first place.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 11:09   #21
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPUGGIE J
Best hangover cure is not to drink booze in the first place.
Thats no fun and it would not work at the meetings i really cant see everyone drinking water in the stag ho sorry Less!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (94.3 KB, 32 views)

Last edited by Mick; 06-03-2006 at 11:14.
Old 06-03-2006, 23:42   #22
God Member

staying in bed works! lol
shillelagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 12:56   #23
Resting in peace

It's nothing to do with the booze. It's the gorilla. Whatever you do, once you fall asleep the gorilla creeps into your bedroom. It throws your clothes all over the room, then it hits you over the head with a ten pound hammer. Then it does something unspeakable in your mouth. THAT'S why you wake up feeling like that. Simple.
pendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 13:47   #24
Resting in Peace

The best cure for a hangover is to stay drunk ....see no hangover
Old 07-03-2006, 22:12   #25
Accy Goddess

Stick to the same drink. I have only ever had one hangover in my life and that was after drinking sherry.
ANNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 06:37   #26
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANNE
Stick to the same drink. I have only ever had one hangover in my life and that was after drinking sherry.
and anything els you could lay your hands on you mean
Old 11-07-2006, 15:09   #27
Junior Member+

just dont drink as much. and save some money at the same time.
fluffydoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 15:44   #28
God Member

Plenty of irn bru an a hair o the dug.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 15:53   #29

Full fat Coke(the real thing, not the diet stuff or caffiene free) with a teaspoon of sugar..... works a treat or so i'm told!!!
nicola68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 14:45   #30
white rabbits

Indian Brandy ..if You Can Still Get It,, Makes You Sick ,but Your Fine After,,,,

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..