Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Hints/Tips/Advice
Donate! Join Today

Hints/Tips/Advice Tell everyone your money/time/effort saving hints and tips. Give or ask for advice in any area. Household, decorating, etc.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-12-2003, 20:50   #16
Accy Goddess

Post Re: health

Heard of using goose grease for colds but not for the skin.
My Nanna also used to stick a raw onion under my bed to keep colds at bay.
ANNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 03-12-2003, 20:59   #17
Senior Member+

Raw onion wrapped in tissue paper and put next to your ear cures earache anne.Done that one and it worked too.Stuff all that expensive medicines.Could not believe it when it worked.Naturual cures are the best
Old 04-12-2003, 06:05   #18

as i dont eat goose where would i get goose fat from? ;D
ellie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2003, 16:39   #19
Senior Member+

Off somebody that does eat Goose [smiley=lol.gif]
Old 11-12-2003, 15:07   #20
God Member

Or buy a goose, cook it, drain the fat off, throw the goose away.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2003, 15:21   #21

A really good natural cure for excema is to buy Oatmeal from a health store, put it into a muslin bag and tie it under the bath tap when you fill your daughters bath so that the water runs through it, used regular it works! [smiley=type.gif]
alfee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2003, 12:27   #22
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

The oatmeal thing does work on some people, I have tried allsorts over the years, E45 and Aqueous creams do not work for me, but I will only use steroid cream when desperate. My feet were so bad earlier this year that none of my creams worked and I had to try permanganate crystals in water. I have not seen this used generally since the 80's when I first started nurse training, but it did the trick, I used my usual creams as well. It seems that different things work for different people, I never started with eczema until I was 30. :

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2009, 17:27   #23

Re: health

try www.skinshop.co.uk they do all natural skin products for various complaints. I have had psoriasis for years and buy Oregon Grape Root skin cream from them, I can't beleive the difference in 3 weeks. It has almost completely cleared up. They do a preparation for most skin conditions, I'm sure you will find something for your daughter.

Jelly Baby
jelly baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2009, 18:19   #24
Beacon of light

this is a very old thread, i don't know if ellie comes on here anymore.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2009, 07:50   #25
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jelly baby View Post
try www.skinshop.co.uk they do all natural skin products for various complaints. I have had psoriasis for years and buy Oregon Grape Root skin cream from them, I can't beleive the difference in 3 weeks. It has almost completely cleared up. They do a preparation for most skin conditions, I'm sure you will find something for your daughter.
You have replied to an old thread, and I am glad you did
I have explored that link site and placed an order.
I don't have psoriasis but I have chemical sensitivity and I am delighted to find products that have no sodium laureth sulphate at such a very reasonable price........thank you

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2009, 09:31   #26
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
You have replied to an old thread, and I am glad you did
I have explored that link site and placed an order.
I don't have psoriasis but I have chemical sensitivity and I am delighted to find products that have no sodium laureth sulphate at such a very reasonable price........thank you
That's a great link, I have had psoriasis for years,not bad but its a pain in the neck, I was prescribed with with concoction from the Dermatology department at BRI years ago, which consisted in the main of coaltar cream, but after a few months the chemist was unable to get old of the coaltar, so I have been using dermovate ever since, which is okay but only eases it an it still comes back, will order some cream from this firm

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..