Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Hints/Tips/Advice
Donate! Join Today

Hints/Tips/Advice Tell everyone your money/time/effort saving hints and tips. Give or ask for advice in any area. Household, decorating, etc.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-02-2006, 17:38   #1
Senior Member+

Mortgages

can anybody please help me...i would like to know what the current lending policy is ...

is it 3 times your gross wage or is it 4 -5- 6 x

thanks

a proper football club,built on the foundations laid by a true fan..andy dunn notw 08....fantastic !!!
BLACKBURN RAVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 08-02-2006, 20:35   #2
God Member

Re: Mortgages

Depends on the lender. Some offer a lot higher than others but will probably offset their risk with higher interest rates on teh loan itself. General guidlines are

3.5 times single wage
2.5 times joint salary
or
3 times one plus teh second income

You can get a lot higher TBH do you really want to be spending your whole salary on a mortgage? You need some 'you' money or you will resent your mortgage as a weight round your neck as opposed to something that if part of your long term financial plan

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 06:24   #3
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by entwisi
Depends on the lender. Some offer a lot higher than others but will probably offset their risk with higher interest rates on teh loan itself. General guidlines are

3.5 times single wage
2.5 times joint salary
or
3 times one plus teh second income

You can get a lot higher TBH do you really want to be spending your whole salary on a mortgage? You need some 'you' money or you will resent your mortgage as a weight round your neck as opposed to something that if part of your long term financial plan

thanks for the info enti....and you can rest assured i wont go in above my head .....

a proper football club,built on the foundations laid by a true fan..andy dunn notw 08....fantastic !!!
Old 09-02-2006, 07:27   #4
God Member

If you want the number of a VERY good Independant Financial Advisor I can recommend Stephen Milligan of Wigan Financial Services. I've been using him for approx 15 years now. PM me if you(or anyone else) wants his number.

I can't recommend enough getting a IFA as opposed to just walking into say the Halifax. In my experience when we were buying our first house Halifax wanted £325 a month in repayments, Stephen arranged to borrow the money from the Halifax still but our repayments were only £240 a month due to a better investment plan away from the Halifax.

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 07:31   #5
Senior Member+

cheers enti ..we already have a meeting on monday night with an ifa but if we dont feel we are happy with what he has to say or offer then i might just send you a pm .......

thanks for the offer much appreciated

« Please help | Help »

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..