Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Hints/Tips/Advice
Donate! Join Today

Hints/Tips/Advice Tell everyone your money/time/effort saving hints and tips. Give or ask for advice in any area. Household, decorating, etc.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-10-2007, 09:38   #1
Senior Member+

Portable heating

Needs must.

Can anyone recommend a good portable heating device.

I am thinking a portable gas heater, seen this one in Argos.

Buy DeLonghi Portable Gas Heater. at Argos.co.uk - Your Online Shop for .

Anyone know where I would get a gas bottle from locally?

Does anyone use one of these type of heaters and can tell me how long a bottle usually on average lasts and how much they are?

TIA

Or better still anyone got one for sale.
Old 06-10-2007, 18:46   #2
Resting in Peace

Re: Portable heating

home base have the gas bottles... you pay more at first for the bottle then its not so bad for a replacement one:
magpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 19:02   #3
God Member

There is a firm who deliver, my daughter used to have one. I will get the number off her if you need it.
Old 06-10-2007, 19:11   #4
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Try Accy Gas 0800 0855435

Personally I don't really like burning gas inside with all the fumes staying inside. The machine will instruct you to make sure you have the correct ventilation in the room. I bet not many leave the window open while they have those gas heaters on.
Old 06-10-2007, 19:23   #5
God Member

Accy gas went bust didn't they?

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 20:12   #6
God Member

Cliff Crooks in blackburn deliver gas bottles too they deal with homeheat gas - quite popular & recommended 01254 50189

I used to work in the gas bottle & heater industry & they are safe as long as u dont put anything near the heaters whilst on, they need plenty of ventilation, have purchased a new heater or least had it checked out which the above can do for u otherwise i wouldn't recommend u use it certainly without having the heater checked or profesionally cleaned out for you - the flame from the jet should not be a yellow colour nor an enlarged flame - thats a warning sign its not right - it should be blue colour & small from the jet inlets below the tiles. Best bet is to stick to getting a brand new one [least u have guarentee on it] or a recon one from a reputable gas bottle/heater retail outfit, also no harm in purchasing a carbon monoxide indicator/alarm just to be extra safe.

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Last edited by Stanleymad; 06-10-2007 at 20:22.
Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 20:23   #7
God Member

Oil filled radiators are a safe option, no fumes, they stay warm for ages and have thermostats built in.

You can normally get them for ~£30-40

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..