Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Hints/Tips/Advice
Donate! Join Today

Hints/Tips/Advice Tell everyone your money/time/effort saving hints and tips. Give or ask for advice in any area. Household, decorating, etc.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-06-2008, 16:21   #16
Resting in Peace

Re: Smoothies

I thought you were all smothies anyway
Old 30-06-2008, 16:57   #17
Beacon of light

No...I don't like the texture of the stuff and i can't abide yogurt or milk......I prefer my fruit just as it is......no ice cream or anything like that..... just fruit.
It seems a lot of messing to me......but that's just me.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2008, 17:04   #18
God Member

I bought a new juicer recently and with it was a free book - The Juice Master/Keeping it Simple, by Jason Vale (never heard of him)
Some recipes reqiure use of both- that's not simple - just a mountain of washing up after!

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 21:21   #19
Senior Member+

Mick bought me a Jack La Lanne juicer for my birthday one year and it was well expensive about £100 i think! i used it a few times and yes it is really good but i cant be bothered with all the taking it apart and putting it back together again and trying to get the grated on bits of fruit off the grater bit what a pain it is!

I might start using it again in summer if we ever get one! (and then again i might not! lol).

I got a blender and i used to make smoothies for brekki in the mornings but the novelty wore off with that aswell!

In fact the novelty has worn off with all my kitched appliences, the cooker, the washer, the dryer, microwave, juicer, blender, george forman grill, sandwich maker, frying pan, tin opener, sink! Eeee eck.
Old 03-07-2008, 22:09   #20
Resident Waffler

We've got a Jack La Lanne juicer! I agree that it's a pain taking it apart to clean and now I seem to have mislaid the thingy that has two lugs on it to unscrew the grater bit so I have to sort of wangle it out with the end of a whisk prong. It is a brilliant device for getting juice out of the most unlikely of things though isn't it?

Have you tried beetroot carrot and celery? Such a pretty colour. It's good with a dash of ginger in too.

Shame that the juice bars in both Accy and Blackburn have gone.

Is the Lancaster one still there Blazey?

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 16:50   #21
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by emamum23 View Post

they are selling bags of frozen tropical fruit at farmfoods for 39p which are really good and one bag makes a pint and half of thick smoothie (ty likes to eat it with an icecream spoon....someone ... possibly Mick donated to the new house collection lol)
I bought a pack of that a few weeks back, to be honest both Jack and i thought it was vile I dont know whether its because we are used to fresh fruit-i wouldn't think it would make a difference though.
As for ressurecting this thread-we are still enjoying my tasty smoothies at least twice a week and we still buy all our fruit from Wilson's........

Christmas isn't a season. It's a feeling,Edna Ferber.

check out our wedding pictures taken by the lovely gareth at studio25....
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...6&id=619840253

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...6&id=619840253
mrskitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2008, 13:32   #22
Senior Member+

Hi, re smoothies. I always use some concentrated "fresh" orange juice in mine (or the real stuff if you can)- a brilliant one (believe it or not) is carrot and apple with the orange juice added. The normal ones to make are with banana plus another fruit.
Atarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2008, 16:56   #23
Senior Member+

Did you know that smoothies are high in fat (due to the sugar in the fruit and juice etc)
emzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2008, 17:08   #24
God Member

Yesterday I blended 2 avocados with juice from 2 apples and kefir yogurt - unusual and very thick and frothy.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..