Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Hints/Tips/Advice
Donate! Join Today

Hints/Tips/Advice Tell everyone your money/time/effort saving hints and tips. Give or ask for advice in any area. Household, decorating, etc.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-09-2008, 15:24   #1
Senior Member+

tens machines?

has anyone used one?
will i be able to hook it up by myself?
did it make any difference at all?

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 04-09-2008, 15:32   #2
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Re: tens machines?

You might be better saying what you want to use it for in case people find they work better for one thing than another.
Old 04-09-2008, 15:34   #3
Senior Member+

labour lol im not sure but i think you can use it for pregnancy pains as well, back ache etc...

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
Old 04-09-2008, 15:36   #4
God Member

I assume you want to use it in labour.

Absolutely useless for very painful contractions further on in labour but not bad for the milder ones at the beginning.....maybe it's just that all that fiddling about trying to get the pads in the right place stops you thinking about the mild contractions.
Old 04-09-2008, 15:38   #5
Senior Member+

thats what i want it for... i'm not a big fan of medication so i'm hoping to go without again. Is it possible to put it on yourself while having contractions? I can see me getting very annoyed and stressing at it lol

Old 04-09-2008, 15:45   #6
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by emamum23 View Post
thats what i want it for... i'm not a big fan of medication so i'm hoping to go without again. Is it possible to put it on yourself while having contractions? I can see me getting very annoyed and stressing at it lol
I got quite annoyed with it...I couldn't put it on myself and wanted to throw it accross the room.
Old 04-09-2008, 16:04   #7
God Member

a lot of people use them for back ache too, not just in pregnancy either, you can usually buy them from Lloyds chemists at quite a cheap price
Old 04-09-2008, 16:08   #8
Senior Member+

i'm not sure but i think you need a maternity one if you are using it for labour. .

edit.... yeah, heres one for £15 but not for use in labour http://www.lloydspharmacytensmachine.com/

Ive been offered one by a friend, she never got round to using it tho.

Last edited by emamum; 04-09-2008 at 16:12.
Old 04-09-2008, 16:16   #9
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by emamum23 View Post
thats what i want it for... i'm not a big fan of medication so i'm hoping to go without again.

you gonna go without medication if you have to have a section? lol
Old 04-09-2008, 16:18   #10
Senior Member+

erm..... no i'm not that daft!!!!

I'm also hoping not to have to a section lol
would be interesting tho as my birth partner was nearly sick watching ER today!

Old 04-09-2008, 17:33   #11
Senior Member+

Sod no medication!! When I had Harry I had every single painkiller possible:

Gas & Air, Paracetamol, Pethadine, Stemitil (to help with the sickness) Tens machine and finally and epidural (absolute bliss!!)

Maybe I was to far on and in to much pain (they give me the epidural not long after), but the tens machine did nothing for me.

I have nothing at all against having medication during labour but after being in labour for 3 days i didnt care about anything at that point. lol.
Lolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 17:36   #12
Senior Member+

I had a blast of gas and air but didnt like it....thanks for the info Lolly

Old 05-09-2008, 17:28   #13
Senior Member+

Has to be a special maternity tens machine and you can hire them, we do them at Boots but works out quite expensive with deposit and rental on. maternity magazines usually have adverts in for hiring them, I hired one for when I was having Kels and then had to get a refund when I had to have a section !
Old 05-09-2008, 17:30   #14
Senior Member+

lol.... ive been offered a free one (and a load of other things )

Old 05-09-2008, 17:32   #15
God Member

grab all the freebies you can get Emma, you know yourself how expensive a baby is, my friends and family where a godsend for giving me things when i had Reece

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..