Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Hints/Tips/Advice
Donate! Join Today

Hints/Tips/Advice Tell everyone your money/time/effort saving hints and tips. Give or ask for advice in any area. Household, decorating, etc.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-11-2006, 07:29   #1
Senior Member+

Wall Plugs

Hoping someone can give me a tip or two with this problem.I've recently had to remove some screws from a tiled wall,but i don't know of an easy way to take out the wall plugs without possibly damaging the tiles.I'd be grateful for any suggestions,and also the best way to fill in the holes without it being too noticeable.By the way,the tiles are a whitish colour,if it helps.Cheers.
Old 23-11-2006, 16:42   #2
I am Band

Exclamation Re: Wall Plugs

Use a very sharp HSS (High Speed Steel) drill-bit, that is slightly smaller than the drill bit used to sink the rawl plugs into the wall in the first place.
Get the drill turning at a fast Rpm and VERY SLOWLY plunge the revolving bit into the plastic rawl plug. The drill bit will have a tendancy to grab and pull into the hole. I hope that helps.

What colour are the rawl plugs?

Any ramblings, meanderings, thoughts or musings are mine and mine alone. Any opinions expressed are Lettie's!
Sparkologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2006, 17:11   #3
Len
God Member

Re: Wall Plugs

Depending on the size of the plugs and where the holes are located… how about just leaving them where they are and insert mirror screws?

Attached Images
File Type: jpg screws.jpg (1.5 KB, 92 views)
File Type: gif mirrorscrew3.gif (26.5 KB, 90 views)
Len is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2006, 17:21   #4
I am Band

Thumbs up Re: Wall Plugs

They are a cracking solution, Len. I have never seen those before.

Just one question though... How do you hang your coat from one of them?

Any ramblings, meanderings, thoughts or musings are mine and mine alone. Any opinions expressed are Lettie's!
Sparkologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2006, 20:15   #5
Senior Member+

[quote=Sparkologist;339376

What colour are the rawl plugs? [/quote]they are grey,with a s*** load of silicone in them at the moment
Old 27-11-2006, 11:19   #6

Insert a wood screw into plug, not to deep has to swell it, put a peice of wood acoss tile, pull out with claw hammer.
expat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 20:28   #7
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxwell silver View Post
Hoping someone can give me a tip or two with this problem.I've recently had to remove some screws from a tiled wall,but i don't know of an easy way to take out the wall plugs without possibly damaging the tiles.I'd be grateful for any suggestions,and also the best way to fill in the holes without it being too noticeable.By the way,the tiles are a whitish colour,if it helps.Cheers.
Fill da holes with toothpaste
jimmi5bellies is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..