Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Hints/Tips/Advice
Donate! Join Today

Hints/Tips/Advice Tell everyone your money/time/effort saving hints and tips. Give or ask for advice in any area. Household, decorating, etc.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-05-2007, 07:34   #1
Senior Member+

Washing machine nightmare !

Anyone recommend a washing machine repairer ?
Preferrably a cheap one ?
My ancient Zanussi seems to have given up the ghost half way thru a cycle with half my wardrobe inside it !!! It's still full of water ,the dial goes round but nothing happens,just a pathetic ticking noise !
Any suggestions/recommendations gratefully accepted.....
Old 30-05-2007, 07:57   #2
God Member

Re: Washing machine nightmare !

Lindsay I'm sure there's another thread with recommendations from not that long ago if you do a search, the guy I'd recommend is Mark Taylor but last time I drove past his shop on Blackburn Road it was empty and I dont have his number sorry, my sister uses Carl Ramplin tel 07721583417 hope that helps
Old 30-05-2007, 07:59   #3
mez
God Member

383979...............the lads up ossy .......they did our nette's the other week ..not too expensive either lyndsey.

just to edit this one yes this is mark taylors ....shop still up ossy great lads
Old 30-05-2007, 09:31   #4
I am Banned

Easy to open door without coshing it, there is a latch inside some have it attached to a string or wire round the door casing inside the washer by taking top off & reaching into it round the door latch but internally, make sure u have a bucket under door when u manage to open it then hey presto rescue wardrobe hehehe

Thats why i love hotpoint washers cos where theres a will theres a way lol.
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2007, 10:02   #5
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

I was going to recommend Carl Ramplin. I know him personally and have always found him to be very honest and trust worthy.
Old 30-05-2007, 15:42   #6
Senior Member+

Have you tried unplugging at the mains and then plugging it back in and turning it to get it going.

If that dont work you could always open the coin trap at the bottom and that will let the water out at least then you can get your clothes out and sorted!
Old 30-05-2007, 17:02   #7
Senior Member+

Thanks for all the help and advice;I am now home after a very hard day and will attempt to do battle with the washing machine ! I will inform you all later of my progress or lack of !
It's not a problem opening the door as I found out last night when I got in and assumed it had finished, I foolishly opened the door and half the water got out before it dawned on me !
Old 30-05-2007, 21:07   #8
Senior Member+

Breaking News !
The very latest from the washing machine front !
I am very angry ! I got all the clothes out by cunningly flooding the kitchen !
Most of clothes seem to have been boil washed in some kind of washing machine "soup" cycle and are not really resembling what went in originally.
When I had "emptied" the machine (with the aid of a very wet daughter)
I thought would try it whilst empty; the bl**dy thing only worked !
Then I stupidly put all the stuff back in and lo and behold it got stuck again !
Cue me and Kelsey up to ankles in water again!
Have now got all stuff spun by putting it in in handfulls;eg 4 socks and a t-shirt at a time.
Washing machine appears to have senile dementia and thinks it's a toaster or something.
Old 31-05-2007, 05:02   #9

sounds like your bushers have gone in your main motor they will work with no weight in have a look at your modile number most older machines you can change bushers very easily yourself some motors have to be reconditioned you should be able to pick one up cheap darwen domestics are cheap for parts but surch internet first motor easey to change.also if you need to empty your machine again pull it out and get your out let pipe put pipe low down in a bowl water will come out just lift pipe back up when bowl is full and empty that way . then open your door.hope this helps.
Old 31-05-2007, 05:15   #10
God Member

sounds to me you need to invest in a dolly tub and a posser, the older folks will explain
well at least you can look at this way , you now have a clean kitchen floor
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2007, 05:22   #11

Zanussi washing machine brushes is every thing working ok without washing in if so i would be dam shoure it will be brushers see this link give you a guide to prices but you will need modile number but do ask around and you will be able to buy these cheaper localy
Old 31-05-2007, 08:35   #12
I am Banned

Go to the domestic appliance repairs/parts shop near Jobcentre on Oak st, always found them to be reasonable & if they dont have the part they will get it for u
Old 31-05-2007, 09:17   #13
Resident Waffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeljack View Post
sounds to me you need to invest in a dolly tub and a posser, the older folks will explain
well at least you can look at this way , you now have a clean kitchen floor
You forgot she'll also need a mangle and a rack in the kitchen or a maiden to hang the clothes on afterwards.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2007, 11:50   #14
Resident Waffler

My washing machine has now come out in sympathy with yours! It must be contageous.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2007, 12:00   #15
I am Banned

Just hope my washer dont catch it after a few days off, with having my kitchen taken out & now atm new one being put in

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..