Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Nostalgia aint what it used to be... (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f80/)
-   -   ACCY POP GROUPS 1960s (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f80/accy-pop-groups-1960s-42082.html)

james 28-08-2010 23:00

Re: ACCY POP GROUPS 1960s

Hi Trev, No, never fancied the monastic life.The Francis T just fooled around a lot, ask Fran.

jaysay 29-08-2010 10:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadowTrev (Post 841327)
Hiya Jim&Jay, yeh you're right Bob was from Ossy I think he lived off White Ash is that the road turn left before Golden Cross?he emigrated to New Zealand or Australia years ago I think. Jim were you thinking of joining the order or just visiting local abbey's? Trev.:D

Ya Trev the one I'm thinking about lived on Wite Ash Lane

ShadowTrev 29-08-2010 13:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 841458)
Ya Trev the one I'm thinking about lived on Wite Ash Lane

Hiya J, Bob worked for Relay Vision there were one or two of the group lads who worked there too,he used to build his own guitar effect's pedal's,he had a Fender Strat this of course is in the 60's so was a really nice guitar he roadied for Scorcher's odd times,so he let me use his Strat which was better than my Burn's.Bob was quite a tasty player,but also had a really good guitar sound with his custom built pedals. He married Susan and as I said previously has lived abroad for a long while now. Trev.

ShadowTrev 29-08-2010 13:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by james (Post 841375)
Hi Trev, No, never fancied the monastic life.The Francis T just fooled around a lot, ask Fran.

Hiya Jim, no I could'nt see you as a monk you took the right career-path in drumming I think. Trev.:theband:

jaysay 29-08-2010 14:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadowTrev (Post 841510)
Hiya J, Bob worked for Relay Vision there were one or two of the group lads who worked there too,he used to build his own guitar effect's pedal's,he had a Fender Strat this of course is in the 60's so was a really nice guitar he roadied for Scorcher's odd times,so he let me use his Strat which was better than my Burns.Bob was quite a tasty player,but also had a really good guitar sound with his custom built pedals. He married Susan and as I said previously has lived abroad for a long while now. Trev.

Most of what you say Trev is ringing big bells, keep saying course he was or curse he had when you mentioned things about him, used to live a few doors away from Tony and Ian Alveston, on White Ash Lane

james 30-08-2010 12:10

1 Attachment(s)
Someone sent me this CD a few weeks ago, mainly because it features Ernie Lee on Harmonica, Kazoo and lead vocals.Ernie used to hang around with The Francis T a lot, I think he was a good friend of Kevin, Isaac and Tom Robinson etc.He sometimes played his harp with us at The Greyhound.Ernie is the guy standing in the middle, at the back, holding his harp.I always remember Ernie as being a bit wild, and, although I didn't know him that well, I'm sure quite a few people will remember him.The other guys are, Tony Jenkinson, Patt Jenkinson and Chris McKeown, I've no idea if they were local, Cheers, Jim.

Bernard Dawson 30-08-2010 13:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by james (Post 841761)
Someone sent me this CD a few weeks ago, mainly because it features Ernie Lee on Harmonica, Kazoo and lead vocals.Ernie used to hang around with The Francis T a lot, I think he was a good friend of Kevin, Isaac and Tom Robinson etc.He sometimes played his harp with us at The Greyhound.Ernie is the guy standing in the middle, at the back, holding his harp.I always remember Ernie as being a bit wild, and, although I didn't know him that well, I'm sure quite a few people will remember him.The other guys are, Tony Jenkinson, Patt Jenkinson and Chris McKeown, I've no idea if they were local, Cheers, Jim.

Ernie spends a lot of time in France where he has a house. Although I think he still has the house in Church. Still playing the harmonica. Tony Jenk's still living in Acc. Patrick is Tony's son.

Wynonie Harris 30-08-2010 14:09

I remember Ernie, he was a few years ahead of me at AGS. Seem to recall he started the "Ernie Lee Blues Band" in the 70's and the Observer did an interview with him. So, Jim, what's the CD like?

cashman 30-08-2010 17:36

I remember him as well, he probably remembers me, once had n encounter wi him in Accy Vic Casualty.:D

Bernard Dawson 30-08-2010 18:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris (Post 841771)
I remember Ernie, he was a few years ahead of me at AGS. Seem to recall he started the "Ernie Lee Blues Band" in the 70's and the Observer did an interview with him. So, Jim, what's the CD like?

Ernie had a few bands. One of them I think was called something like the Ernie Lee's Tinker Brook Delta Blues Band. Or summat like that.

JCB 01-09-2010 19:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by james (Post 841375)

I think you would make a great monk , Jim .

james 04-09-2010 12:46

1 Attachment(s)
Hi Trevor,
I found this photo of The Scorchers while I was rummaging around in a load of stuff my mum kept and then sent down to me.There are only four of us in the photo, where's Dave Robinson? I also found a letter talking about a band called Treadwheels and So On.Do you remember Ray, the drummer? He had a sports car, an old Merc, I think.He also used to tell me about a mink farm that he, or his dad had (honest).Cashy seems to remember them.On the back of the photo it says Lancashire Evening Telegraph, 16th April 1964. Cheers Jim.

ShadowTrev 04-09-2010 16:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by james (Post 842756)
Hi Trevor,
I found this photo of The Scorchers while I was rummaging around in a load of stuff my mum kept and then sent down to me.There are only four of us in the photo, where's Dave Robinson? I also found a letter talking about a band called Treadwheels and So On.Do you remember Ray, the drummer? He had a sports car, an old Merc, I think.He also used to tell me about a mink farm that he, or his dad had (honest).Cashy seems to remember them.On the back of the photo it says Lancashire Evening Telegraph, 16th April 1964. Cheers Jim.

Hiya Jim, this photo is the one that the Telegraph took and used in the paper when we played the Cavern, they put Dave's head-shot in the middle of the photo,it's below the Cavern coach photo's I put on this site,good to see the actual real photo -much sharper than my newspaper version. The Treadwheel's drummer was Ray Omerod he used to be well in-to cycle -racing if I remember rightly,I've seen him a few times around Accy and nodded to him but I don't think he reconise's me. Roy Taylor was the singer had'nt seen him for years but bumped into him in Asda a few months ago, he had'nt changed, we had a good natter.The bass layer John Wyora emigrated in the 60's to Canada I think,Tony Bolton was the guitarist he live's in the Isle of Man. Trev.

cashman 04-09-2010 18:07

Roy Taylors still up Bash James, worked wi him oer 20 yrs,only see him occasionally these days, used to give him stick at work, fer going to Wimbledon fer annual hols every year, never stopped him though.:D;)

james 04-09-2010 18:31

Thanks for that Trevor, you have a very good memory.I only remember Ray, the drummer.I saw them play at a place called The Mocambo, which was in Darwen.Cheers, Jim.