Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Nostalgia aint what it used to be... (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f80/)
-   -   ACCY POP GROUPS 1960s (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f80/accy-pop-groups-1960s-42082.html)

ShadowTrev 03-10-2010 13:39

Re: ACCY POP GROUPS 1960s

Played o.k. last night at "Globe gig", nearly "fluffed" the solo on Shaking all Over when Sandra stood up in the middle of the song to "shake all over" which distracted me, told her over the mike as soon as we'd finished the song ,which everybody laughed at, it was that kind of night - good natured heckling all night- good fun! Trev.

Atarah 04-10-2010 18:09

Message for James and anyone who can help

Do you remember DR MARIGOLDS PRESCRIPTION playing up Accrington Con please. Trying to contact one of the members, who lives in London area. He did a lovely version of "PEOPLE GET READY"

dublomad 04-10-2010 21:00

Hi Trev. Glad you had a good night. We played unplugged, think we were better than with all the gear!! I did call in at the globe at half seven on my way to Blackburn, thought you might be havin' a sound check and I could have a quick word but I see you'd already set up the gear. You'll have to let me know if you can get em to play again before Christmas.
Talk to ya soon. T.

dublomad 04-10-2010 21:20

Hi All. When we were in Spain we went up to Benidorm and stayed on a Thursday night. Must be one of the only nights Wammy doesn't play! We found the bar, Rock and Roll house at the North end of Beni. at the Rinco.,Can't really go much further on unless you wanna go play in the Aqua park. There was a poster in the bar and he seems to be going under the name of Wambam rock and roll show. (I think that was it, but I'd had a few bevis!). So sorry Jim, didn't get to give him a hug for ya, I was hoping I might have brought a photo back for you all but not to be. Saw a couple of good bands though, three guys doing some heavy rock who were excellent and a couple of old guys (even older than me), who were obviously just enjoying themselves. After 4 weeks over there i was just settling in.....haven't warmed up since I got back. Tony

ShadowTrev 04-10-2010 22:01

Hiya T, sorry missed seeing you on Saturday,I did'nt get there till after 8 ish, been playing with Fran on Friday in Ingol for one of his daughters birthday party,good fun again! Trev.

JCB 05-10-2010 18:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Atarah (Post 849785)

Do you remember DR MARIGOLDS PRESCRIPTION playing up Accrington Con please. Trying to contact one of the members, who lives in London area. He did a lovely version of "PEOPLE GET READY"

If James is Jim Payne , I can give him a ring if you want .

james 06-10-2010 10:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Atarah (Post 849785)

Hi Atarah,
Sorry, but I've never heard of Dr Marigolds Prescription, what year are we talking about roughly? I left Accy in 1969, if it was after that I wouldn't know them. Cheers, Jim.

james 06-10-2010 10:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by dublomad (Post 849848)
Hi All. When we were in Spain we went up to Benidorm and stayed on a Thursday night. Must be one of the only nights Wammy doesn't play! We found the bar, Rock and Roll house at the North end of Beni. at the Rinco.,Can't really go much further on unless you wanna go play in the Aqua park. There was a poster in the bar and he seems to be going under the name of Wambam rock and roll show. (I think that was it, but I'd had a few bevis!). So sorry Jim, didn't get to give him a hug for ya, I was hoping I might have brought a photo back for you all but not to be. Saw a couple of good bands though, three guys doing some heavy rock who were excellent and a couple of old guys (even older than me), who were obviously just enjoying themselves. After 4 weeks over there i was just settling in.....haven't warmed up since I got back. Tony

Hi Dublomad,
That's a shame, but never mind. He sent me a copy of his new album about 2 months ago. As long as he's enjoying himself. Thinking of moving over there yourself are you? Sounds like you enjoyed it. Best wishes, Jim.

james 06-10-2010 11:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by JCB (Post 850077)
If James is Jim Payne , I can give him a ring if you want .

Hello JCB,
Thanks for letting me know about the questions. Give Holly a biscuit for me! Take care, Jim.

JCB 06-10-2010 18:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by james (Post 850272)
Hello JCB,
Thanks for letting me know about the questions. Give Holly a biscuit for me! Take care, Jim.

No problem Jim . Those at 77 are fine . Holly has had enough to eat today .

Taggy 06-10-2010 20:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by dublomad (Post 849848)

Although his Posters still up at Rock and Roll House i dont think he's playing there just at the moment, although things frequently change in Beni! He was still on at Heartbreak on the Levante Prom, and at The Western Saloon, next door to the Ambassador Hotel when i was over last month. I didn't get chance to talk with him, but he was on stage at Western Saloon when i was going past early one night, but i was on me way to meet a couple of pals so hadn't time to pop in!

Best Regards - Taggy

Vicbfc 11-10-2010 00:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 842846)
Roy Taylors still up Bash James, worked wi him oer 20 yrs,only see him occasionally these days, used to give him stick at work, fer going to Wimbledon fer annual hols every year, never stopped him though.:D;)

Yep Roy Taylor still works at the Bash

A great Bloke :)

Alan Gilmartin 11-10-2010 05:14

Never took him to be a tennis player Cashy,

cashman 25-10-2010 21:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vicbfc (Post 851424)
Yep Roy Taylor still works at the Bash

A great Bloke :)

Dunno were he works these days vic, was referring to his home,up bash.;) top geezer though as ya say.:)

albaby 30-10-2010 15:17

hi i was drummer in the nosmo kings, do you want to know more? Im new to this so be patient. Al