Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Nostalgia aint what it used to be... (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f80/)
-   -   ACCY POP GROUPS 1960s (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f80/accy-pop-groups-1960s-42082.html)

ShadowTrev 06-11-2010 13:06

Re: ACCY POP GROUPS 1960s

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan Gilmartin (Post 859125)
Also got a photo of Dave Ayrton if you would like me to put it on here Trev. Circa 1965.

Hiya Al, good to hear from you,yeh would love to see piccy of Ayrty,- really when I think about it he had a lot to do with the success of "The Scorcher's". Trev.

Alan Gilmartin 07-11-2010 04:31

Recognise, the other two Trev, Im still in contact with Greg, That was taken outside the Cambridge Press, next to the old built in bus shelter on Whalley Rd. Cheers.

Alan Gilmartin 07-11-2010 04:32

Sorry Trev Ill try again towmorow, dont know what happened.

cashman 07-11-2010 09:03

another good night great performance by the lads, shadow trev came along,was good to see him again, also Francis T, turned up, which was great to see, didn't recognize him cos 40 odd years is a long time.:D will mention to florry next time i bump into him.:)

ShadowTrev 07-11-2010 12:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 859412)
another good night great performance by the lads, shadow trev came along,was good to see him again, also Francis T, turned up, which was great to see, didn't recognize him cos 40 odd years is a long time.:D will mention to florry next time i bump into him.:)

Yeh Cashy's right! another "belt'in" night thank's to Tony & the boy's , vocal's "bang on " as before, I'm well impressed! Glad Fran managed to make it & my brother-in-law & Cashy made me smile as they were forced to get up to dance,good time had by all.

ShadowTrev 07-11-2010 12:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan Gilmartin (Post 859388)
Sorry Trev Ill try again towmorow, dont know what happened.

Ok Al, Trev.

dublomad 07-11-2010 21:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadowTrev (Post 859487)
Yeh Cashy's right! another "belt'in" night thank's to Tony & the boy's , vocal's "bang on " as before, I'm well impressed! Glad Fran managed to make it & my brother-in-law & Cashy made me smile as they were forced to get up to dance,good time had by all.

Hi Trev, Cashy, Angela and Keith. Thanks for all turnin' up last night, was really good to see you. When you see Fran again Trev, tell him thanks, as it's a bit of a trek from Ingle, pity he couldn't stay a bit longer. Popped into the Alma tonight to take some posters for 4th December and bumped in to Tommy Franks. Told him you were all there last night, he sends his regards to you all, and if you're readin' this Jim, you too!! Says it;s been a long time. He couldn' make it last night as he was singing down at Brooks Club. He's definitely comin' to the Alma on the 4th, so if you all want a repeat performance, he'd like to catch with you all. All the best Tony.

ShadowTrev 07-11-2010 21:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by dublomad (Post 859640)
Hi Trev, Cashy, Angela and Keith. Thanks for all turnin' up last night, was really good to see you. When you see Fran again Trev, tell him thanks, as it's a bit of a trek from Ingle, pity he couldn't stay a bit longer. Popped into the Alma tonight to take some posters for 4th December and bumped in to Tommy Franks. Told him you were all there last night, he sends his regards to you all, and if you're readin' this Jim, you too!! Says it;s been a long time. He couldn' make it last night as he was singing down at Brooks Club. He's definitely comin' to the Alma on the 4th, so if you all want a repeat performance, he'd like to catch with you all. All the best Tony.

Thank's for that T, gonna ring Fran tomorrow -it's his birthday see what he has to say. Trev.

dublomad 07-11-2010 23:47

Hi Trev. Forgot to mention it last night, bui if ever you fancy having a look down the Stanley on a Monday for the jam night, let me know and I,ll meet up with ya. T

ShadowTrev 08-11-2010 16:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by dublomad (Post 859656)
Hi Trev. Forgot to mention it last night, bui if ever you fancy having a look down the Stanley on a Monday for the jam night, let me know and I,ll meet up with ya. T

Hiya T, thanks for that invite I'll keep it in mind. Trev.

shazfury1 10-11-2010 02:28

Wasn't a guy called Ray Ormerod in the original band. When they first started out?

dublomad 10-11-2010 11:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadowTrev (Post 859788)
Hiya T, thanks for that invite I'll keep it in mind. Trev.

Hi Trev. My son Darren has seen a Les Paul he wants, so he is about to put his Telecaster on ebay. As you mentioned you were interested in one I thought I'd let you know. My phone number is 07908264188. Tony

Alan Gilmartin 10-11-2010 22:33

I knew a Roy Ormerod who lived down Melbourne St in Clayton, He was into bike racing.

james 10-11-2010 23:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by dublomad (Post 859640)

Wow, Tommy Franks. The last time I saw Tommy I was 19 years old, we worked at Huncoat power station together. Nice to know he's still around, Cheers, Jim.

cashman 11-11-2010 22:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by james (Post 860499)
Wow, Tommy Franks. The last time I saw Tommy I was 19 years old, we worked at Huncoat power station together. Nice to know he's still around, Cheers, Jim.

No need to worry on that score james, Tommys fine, apart from looking older aint changed a bit.;)