Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Old Accrington > Nostalgia aint what it used to be...
Donate! Join Today

Nostalgia aint what it used to be... The "I remember when......." section is finally with us - lets reminisce!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-06-2007, 23:52   #1
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

back yard

was just thinking, i was born at 14 burnley rd, accy and we had a communal back yard, shared by 4 houses on burnley rd and 3/4 on melbourne street, just wondered if anyone else had one? also are there still any in existance?
Old 02-06-2007, 23:56   #2
God Member

Re: back yard

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
was just thinking, i was born at 14 burnley rd, accy and we had a communal back yard, shared by 4 houses on burnley rd and 3/4 on melbourne street, just wondered if anyone else had one? also are there still any in existance?
Cashy..are you sure that was not the "reacreation" area of the "approved" school you went to?
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 23:59   #3
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
Cashy..are you sure that was not the "reacreation" area of the "approved" school you went to?
memory does play tricks at my age- but no it was the yard.pmsl
Old 03-06-2007, 00:04   #4
Senior Member+

We did have our own backyard in Holland Street and the outside loo was for our own use only. I do remember when we lived in Water, East Lumb, that there was a row of toilets at the back of the terrace. We had to take turns at cleaning them and also providing the little squares of newspaper for wiping bums!!

So much muck to eat before you die
junetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 00:10   #5
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

we had the owd tippler bogs, thought it was dead posh when we got a flush, but that was when we moved to dowry st.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..