Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Old Accrington > Nostalgia aint what it used to be...
Donate! Join Today

Nostalgia aint what it used to be... The "I remember when......." section is finally with us - lets reminisce!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-03-2005, 13:08   #16
Resting in peace

Re: childhood trauma

I know where I got my phobia about dentists from - anyone remember Mr Birtwhistle at Antley? He pulled 5 of my teeth (milk teeth, but even so) and I woke up whilst he was still tugging. I can still remember coming to, having dreamt that someone was dragging me over sharp spikes by my jaw - he knew I was awake, but carried on anyway. The phobia lasted about 40 years - now I have a super dentist called Iain, and I quite look forward to going to see him!

Who remembers being caned? - now THAT was quite something. I also remember Miss Whitton - you had to stand by her desk whilst she marked your sums or your English - anything wrong, and her hand shot out and clipped you over the ear. My God, but that woman was faster than a striking rattlesnake! I can remember once having my sums marked, and trying to stand about 3 feet from her desk ....
pendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 14-03-2005, 13:36   #17
Senior Member+

There was a Ginger haired dentist with a big beared down at that Health Clinic. I think I got ripped off a lot then. I think they drilled holes and took out teeth to make extra money. I say this because the current dentist I have hardly does any fillings ever and I think in the old days they conned folk deliberatly because I still eat all the sweets but rarely have fillings.
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2005, 09:55   #18
God Member

Think these kids could get someone done for kiddie trauma's?

Miracles do happen!!

slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2005, 09:57   #19
God Member

What do you think this dog would be saying if they could speak??

Miracles do happen!!

slinky is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..