Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Old Accrington > Nostalgia aint what it used to be...
Donate! Join Today

Nostalgia aint what it used to be... The "I remember when......." section is finally with us - lets reminisce!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-03-2006, 01:42   #16

Re: first memory!

Hi tinkerbell. I just found out from your post that your granny and grandad were owners of the New Brewery. Thats the one on the other end of the block from the Royal Oak in Meadow st. I think. In the panorama of Accy that I speak about in the thread 'Coppy torn assunder' you can see the N.B. quite clearly. Just thought I,d let you know
Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 02-03-2006, 02:11   #17
I am Banned

to be honest my first memory of accy isnt realy my first memory ..

i moved here in 1981 but in the summer of 81 just 2 months after moving here i was involved in an accident which left me with a 3 month memory loss which i have never got back so my first memory of accy is when i was brought home from the hospital and seeing my brothers waiting for me at our house which to me was the the first tiem i had seen it as far as my memory goes.

from what i have been told i had made friends but i had to go through all the process of getting to know them al over again and luckily they were a honest bunch as they could have said i had borrowed money and i wouldnt have known any better lol
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 02:18   #18
God Member

Its 15 years since I moved here so cant recall first memories only first impressions and my first impression of accy/hyndburn was and still is that its the most racist place I have ever lived in. In fact it was quite a shock at the time.

We always remember the bad more than the good.. I still think this is a very racist area.. but the good of accy easilly out balances that one bad side and thats why I am happy to live here and bring up my family here... lay down roots and never want to move... Just because I see it as a highly racist area doesn't mean I have to change my values or bring up my children differently.. I can ignore it and work around it...

Nevertheless it stays with me as my first real impression.

OI!!! I was asked and thats my answer...

Sod it.. I had too much karma anyways
Old 02-03-2006, 02:24   #19
I am Banned

dont wory about the racism kipax we at accy web have got used to having you around it wont be long before the rest of accy catches on
Old 02-03-2006, 02:26   #20
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIPAX
Its 15 years since I moved here so cant recall first memories only first impressions and my first impression of accy/hyndburn was and still is that its the most racist place I have ever lived in. In fact it was quite a shock at the time.

We always remember the bad more than the good.. I still think this is a very racist area.. but the good of accy easilly out balances that one bad side and thats why I am happy to live here and bring up my family here... lay down roots and never want to move... Just because I see it as a highly racist area doesn't mean I have to change my values or bring up my children differently.. I can ignore it and work around it...

Nevertheless it stays with me as my first real impression.

OI!!! I was asked and thats my answer...

Sod it.. I had too much karma anyways
What on earth makes you say that?

I've been a northerner in south London, a grockle in Cornwall, and a soft English git in Glasgow. I've found Accy no more racist than anywhere else I've lived, and a lot less so than a lot of places.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 02:26   #21
God Member

somebody whoosh me quick!
Old 02-03-2006, 02:26   #22
God Member

the whoosh was in response to chav
Old 02-03-2006, 02:28   #23
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda
What on earth makes you say that?
Because I was asked...its the thread.....
Old 02-03-2006, 02:29   #24
God Member

if stageringman opens his pub.. we can all catch taxis and go there and I will explain it all....

so whos gonna phone him ?
Old 02-03-2006, 02:30   #25
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Because I was asked...its the thread.....
Yes but evidence of such a damining statement might back up your argument, though of course you don't have to, it's just that a lot of people here will find your post extremely offensive.

Old 02-03-2006, 02:31   #26
I am Banned

i have found people very nice to me so far since i have moved here but i am not for meeting many people yet .
yanik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 02:32   #27
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanik
i have found people very nice to me so far since i have moved here but i am not for meeting many people yet .
Thank you mate.

That's nice to hear, and rather disproves the statement Kipax posted.

Old 02-03-2006, 02:33   #28
I am Banned

Quote:
the whoosh was in response to chav
i thought you had ecperienced racism and i was trying to reassure you that everything was going to be ok

yuo see what happens

chav tries to be nice and it just dosnt work
Old 02-03-2006, 02:35   #29
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda
Yes but evidence of such a damining statement might back up your argument, though of course you don't have to, it's just that a lot of people here will find your post extremely offensive.
yeagh i guess they might ...i aint running for mayoress.. i dont care

i could tell you things but why would you believe them? i could tell you honestly why i think that from first impressions right to this very day...... but why would you believe me and not think i was making it up..
Old 02-03-2006, 02:36   #30
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chav1
i thought you had ecperienced racism and i was trying to reassure you that everything was going to be ok
duh! i have seen it happening for the 15 yrs i have been here.. and your going to make it ok .....well fire away son

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..