Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Old Accrington > Nostalgia aint what it used to be...
Donate! Join Today

Nostalgia aint what it used to be... The "I remember when......." section is finally with us - lets reminisce!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-01-2010, 09:34   #31
Junior Member+

Re: GET OUT - YOU'RE BARRED!!!!..Why?

I used to work with Cashy - he told us brilliant stories every dinner time. He would have you laughing so much your sides would hurt.
accytrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 08-01-2010, 11:04   #32
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by accytrader View Post
I used to work with Cashy - he told us brilliant stories every dinner time. He would have you laughing so much your sides would hurt.
I know the feeling well; he regularly has us in stitches at our pre-match refreshment sessions in the Oak Lea!
Old 08-01-2010, 15:37   #33
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
I know the feeling well; he regularly has us in stitches at our pre-match refreshment sessions in the Oak Lea!
Bet he was a head the ball when he had a few sherbets as well
Old 09-01-2010, 01:22   #34

Remember being banned from the Blue Delileh in the 60s for sitting too long with a hot Vimpto or coffee. Banned along with guys named John Duffy, Tom and Steve. We used to scrimp on the drinks , but put our money in the jukebox.
Years later and all grown up i revisited the old place on a visit to accrington and Chris called me madam when asking what i wanted. Should i be insulted or pleased?
shazfury1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 02:58   #35
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shazfury1 View Post
Remember being banned from the Blue Delileh in the 60s for sitting too long with a hot Vimpto or coffee. Banned along with guys named John Duffy, Tom and Steve. We used to scrimp on the drinks , but put our money in the jukebox.
Years later and all grown up i revisited the old place on a visit to accrington and Chris called me madam when asking what i wanted. Should i be insulted or pleased?
pleased chris was a top guy, the Tom i imagine may be Tom Robinson? john mated wi him fer a while.
Old 09-01-2010, 09:56   #36
Super Moderator

Got banned from the Dahlia for exactly the same reason...also got banned for snogging with a girl called Christina. Chris was a nice bloke though, and usually forgot about it after a few days. Absolutely top-notch jukebox in there too. I see it's the Blue Lagoon amusement arcade these days. A sad end to a great 60's/70's institution.
Old 09-01-2010, 10:02   #37
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Got banned from the Dahlia for exactly the same reason...also got banned for snogging with a girl called Christina. Chris was a nice bloke though, and usually forgot about it after a few days. Absolutely top-notch jukebox in there too. I see it's the Blue Lagoon amusement arcade these days. A sad end to a great 60's/70's institution.
Used to go in the Dalia in the mid seventies became friendly with that lad who ran it, Javani Anapo, originated from Cicily, acquired British citizenship, he's now called John
Old 17-04-2010, 23:39   #38
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

A phone call this evening just reminded me of a real classic "Blackburn Mecca" they had me photograph in the kiosk fer years after.
Old 18-04-2010, 00:21   #39
God Member

I confess to having a short (token) ban from the Cross Guns.

After all, I did ask the landlord for a pint of tapwater and told him who I would be pouring it on.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2010, 07:01   #40
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
A phone call this evening just reminded me of a real classic "Blackburn Mecca" they had me photograph in the kiosk fer years after.
You gonna tell us or what?...or is another of those "Cashy Classics" that can't be repeated on a family site.
Old 18-04-2010, 09:26   #41
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Was it the official one with the numbers across the bottom cashy
Old 18-04-2010, 09:28   #42
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
I confess to having a short (token) ban from the Cross Guns.

After all, I did ask the landlord for a pint of tapwater and told him who I would be pouring it on.
I shocked and stunned and not a little amazed Margaret, I've always though you were a lady
Old 18-04-2010, 10:15   #43
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
You gonna tell us or what?...or is another of those "Cashy Classics" that can't be repeated on a family site.
its n oakleigh un that wyn. if ya remind me.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..