Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Old Accrington > Nostalgia aint what it used to be...
Donate! Join Today

Nostalgia aint what it used to be... The "I remember when......." section is finally with us - lets reminisce!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-07-2006, 20:25   #1
Full Member+

Red face Odhu Ntinggo

Did anyone else use the I-Spy books that were around in the `70s. I spent many a happy hour.... alright week trying to find a Bentley Continental and an Iso Grifo to finish off my I-Spy book of cars. I never did get to send it off to Big Chief I-Spy to be stamped. I was gutted!
Old 11-07-2006, 16:50   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Odhu Ntinggo

I remember having one which was what you could find in the street such as post boxes etc. Mine never got sent away either but we did get the badges from the jam. I won't mention the name!!

So much muck to eat before you die
junetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 17:38   #3
Resident Waffler

I remember other people having them. I also remember 'asking Father Christmas' for a couple. I also remember not getting one but getting 'something better' - like when I asked for Lego and got 'Bako' instead.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 20:42   #4
God Member

That happened to me Willow and I got Stickle bricks when I really wanted Meccano.

Anyway, back on thread - yes I do remember the I-Spy books. I really wish I'd been told early on to keep stuff like that. I can be pretty ruthless in a clearout and it's only now that I've got kids that I know the value of keeping school books and things that might be important in a few years time.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 07:03   #5
God Member

I have to ask, whats with teh title of the thread?

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 07:27   #6
Give, give, give member

The I-Spy books I were given in the seventies were from the fifties!

I had I-Spy wildlife, flowers and birds, all of which held little connection to what I could spy on the moors around Ossy, so I could never send off to say I'd completed it.

I also had an I-Spy annual from the fifties which was just surreal. It had a photo story about two children in some white caves in France , which I found really scarey. It also had a play in, which I produced (and starred in) at Moor End Primary in 1975, which was very good.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 08:16   #7
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by entwisi
I have to ask, whats with teh title of the thread?
The title is from the code inside all the books devised by Big Chief I-Spy

Odhu Ntinggo=Good Hunting
Old 12-07-2006, 09:39   #8
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by junetta
I remember having one which was what you could find in the street such as post boxes etc. Mine never got sent away either but we did get the badges from the jam. I won't mention the name!!
Sorry, maybe off thread but I also collected the certain jam badges, I also collected the little pottery band and footy team you could get as well - in fact I still have some of them
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..