Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Old Accrington > Nostalgia aint what it used to be...
Donate! Join Today

Nostalgia aint what it used to be... The "I remember when......." section is finally with us - lets reminisce!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-10-2007, 00:50   #16
God Member

Re: Pie shops.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slinky View Post
I'll tell ya a good pie shop at the moment, The one on Henry street church.
God her pie's are to die for, and I could eat her meat pie's til they come out my ears!!

Her Choccie eclaires are very very good too ( too good )
Do you mean Yates? If it is still them they've been there for years.
Old 18-02-2010, 23:07   #17

I remember Waltons - about 1959, my friend Jean Yates was sent out every day by the Head Master of Hippings Methodist School, Mr. Chew, to buy the teachers' dinners. Monday to Thursday she went to Gorrell's - somewhere near where Oswin's is now, to buy boiled ham or similar. However, on Friday they had pies from Waltons, big meat and potato ones, I think. I had to go with Jean to carry the gravy. We took a pot jug and Mrs. Walton put a piece of tissue paper on top and twisted it to form a lid and keep the gravy warm while we walked back to school. It was the sort of tissue paper your unsliced loaves of bread were wrapped in before there was much sliced bread.
Judith Addison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2010, 08:20   #18
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judith Addison View Post
I remember Waltons - about 1959, my friend Jean Yates was sent out every day by the Head Master of Hippings Methodist School, Mr. Chew, to buy the teachers' dinners. Monday to Thursday she went to Gorrell's - somewhere near where Oswin's is now, to buy boiled ham or similar. However, on Friday they had pies from Waltons, big meat and potato ones, I think. I had to go with Jean to carry the gravy. We took a pot jug and Mrs. Walton put a piece of tissue paper on top and twisted it to form a lid and keep the gravy warm while we walked back to school. It was the sort of tissue paper your unsliced loaves of bread were wrapped in before there was much sliced bread.
would that be Jim Waltons? on left side goin up tinker brew judith, we used to go in back cafe 59/60 mon-fri, from moorend, were 1st years from accy tech went,Jim was a real character, always rushin ya to get empty tables lol, top spud pie though.
tinker n budget likes this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..