Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Old Accrington > Nostalgia aint what it used to be...
Donate! Join Today

Nostalgia aint what it used to be... The "I remember when......." section is finally with us - lets reminisce!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-12-2009, 12:16   #31
Junior Member+

Re: The Games we played

jaysay you lardarse blackburn b...... , beware of the extra finger if we ever meet,
Old 23-12-2009, 12:34   #32
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zacdingle View Post
jaysay you lardarse blackburn b...... , beware of the extra finger if we ever meet,

your a smiths fan your more likely to self harm than hurt another person

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2009, 13:26   #33
Junior Member+

nice one accyman , knife too blunt , threre is a light that never goes out.
Old 23-12-2009, 15:30   #34
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Shame yours was never lit
Old 29-12-2009, 16:19   #35
I am Banned

zacdingle is a diamond geezer..presume he was ****ed off and had a few whiskys...dont judge a man by a couple o drunken posts
groove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2009, 16:54   #36
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by groove View Post
zacdingle is a diamond geezer..presume he was ****ed off and had a few whiskys...dont judge a man by a couple o drunken posts
I have been known to be complimentary to Mancie, but then, he has shown us his nice (sober) side often.
Maybe this Zac person has a nice side too.....

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2009, 17:02   #37
I am Banned

he has a very nice side..hes a great bloke...hes my Dad
Old 29-12-2009, 17:29   #38
God Member

Quote:
Try closing the fridge door after you grab a beer .... the light will go out then
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2009, 17:57   #39
God Member

Quote:
he has a very nice side..hes a great bloke...hes my Dad
"well he would say that wouldn't he" - Mandy Rice Davies

He hasn't got red karma yet, so it looks like he may well survive this 1st scrap

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2009, 09:40   #40
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
"well he would say that wouldn't he" - Mandy Rice Davies

He hasn't got red karma yet, so it looks like he may well survive this 1st scrap
Red Karma can always been arranged Margaret, especially if he keeps calling me names
Old 30-12-2009, 10:56   #41
I am Banned

yeh spose i would say that....but in every pub hes ever supped in-theres been a few,you'd struggle to find anyone with a wrong about him.....that'd still be the case if he was'nt related....think its best not to post whilst intoxicated eh guys...ALL THE BEST
Old 30-12-2009, 11:03   #42
Resting in Peace

Quote:
yeh suppose i would say that....but in every pub hes ever supped in-there's been a few,you'd struggle to find anyone with a wrong about him.....that'd still be the case if he wasn't related....think its best not to post whilst intoxicated eh guys...ALL THE BEST
Wouldn't know about that groove only ever been on here when I'm as sober as a judge,
Old 30-12-2009, 11:06   #43
I am Banned

and a very wise thing to do goin off the previous comments up the thread....cheers Jaysay
Old 30-12-2009, 11:18   #44
Beacon of light

back on thread...hopscotch, whip and top(and you were really poor if you couldn't afford a few chalks with which to decorate your spinning top).......five stones.....also known as jacks........you could buy this game for about 6d......but you could play it with a small rubber ball and five little pebbles( picked off someones newly pebble dashed house )...Knock and run......oh the list is endless.
We only went home if it went dark or we were hungry....and we played out in all weathers........I don't ever remember catching cold.
We were active....and most of us were skinny.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2009, 18:30   #45
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
back on thread...hopscotch, whip and top(and you were really poor if you couldn't afford a few chalks with which to decorate your spinning top).......five stones.....also known as jacks........you could buy this game for about 6d......but you could play it with a small rubber ball and five little pebbles( picked off someones newly pebble dashed house )...Knock and run......oh the list is endless.
We only went home if it went dark or we were hungry....and we played out in all weathers........I don't ever remember catching cold.
We were active....and most of us were skinny.
Yes Margaret, all of those but the one I remember most is "Tinny" at the corner of Washington Street and Plantation Street - tinny was the street light on the corner going up Plantation Street - Chris and Barbara Firth, Ken Entwhistle, can't remember the names of the other 5 or 6 that were out there almost every night - Happy Days

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..