Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Crash Computers Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f82/)
-   -   spybot (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f82/spybot-35976.html)

entwisi 08-01-2008 05:08

Re: spybot

Quote:

Originally Posted by cherokee (Post 514106)
All i have in my menu (all programmes) is packard bell system recovery and it reformats from that .

and if your windows is broken ( as will probably be the case when you want/need to reformat) how will you be able to do it as you won't be able to get to run it?

cherokee 08-01-2008 07:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by entwisi (Post 514160)
and if your windows is broken ( as will probably be the case when you want/need to reformat) how will you be able to do it as you won't be able to get to run it?

well that happened not long back and i was given a tel no to ring the techie guys who talked me through it all and if that had failedf they would have taken it in but like already said on here it was still under garuntee then so future may prove to be costly .
honestly ian these new pc,s dont come with installation discs.

WillowTheWhisp 08-01-2008 07:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by entwisi (Post 514068)
so when your hard disk dies just how are you going to restore it.

You should be able to pop a new disk in and restore to it

Tell that to HP! As I said I am not a particularly happy bunny about this but it never occurred to me to ask if there was a recovery disc before I bought the thing. I did ask everything I could think of asking and some of the questions got very vague answers from the sales staff who obviously didn't know what I was talking about. eg:

Me: And what about the grsaphics card?
Them: I think it's got one, oh yes there's a sticker on it says 'NVIDIA'

entwisi 08-01-2008 07:25

So NVidia only make graphics cards do they :D

Muppets, I feel sorry for all the people who have to trust these people with their money.

I wouldn't mind but its not like a blank DVD costs the earth now is it.

WillowTheWhisp 08-01-2008 07:59

The lack of knowledge of their products by the sales staff really irritates me.

entwisi 08-01-2008 08:30

pay peanuts, get .....

keetah992000 08-01-2008 16:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp (Post 514166)

Tell that to HP! As I said I am not a particularly happy bunny about this but it never occurred to me to ask if there was a recovery disc before I bought the thing. I did ask everything I could think of asking and some of the questions got very vague answers from the sales staff who obviously didn't know what I was talking about. eg:

Me: And what about the grsaphics card?
Them: I think it's got one, oh yes there's a sticker on it says 'NVIDIA'

hi i have hp desktop - is yours vista -? do you know where your welcome center is ? you have an option on there to make recovery disks-then you choose that option a a simple wizard will take you the rest of the way - all you need is a few disks - or one with large capacity memory on it and bob is indeed your uncle- if you dont do it - you will wish you had at some point in the furture. pm me if you want any durther info as having the same make may help ?!?

keetah992000 08-01-2008 16:03

dont know if that any help

yerself 09-01-2008 18:43

Mine's the same (though not an HP) as keetah992000's. Start - Programs - PC Help & Tools - Recovery CD-DVD Creator. They're just cost-cutting and making you produce your own recovery CD (or CDs in my case) rather than providing you with a ready-made one.

cherokee 19-01-2008 00:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by yerself (Post 514834)
Mine's the same (though not an HP) as keetah992000's. Start - Programs - PC Help & Tools - Recovery CD-DVD Creator. They're just cost-cutting and making you produce your own recovery CD (or CDs in my case) rather than providing you with a ready-made one.

Just found this in my programs . will def make a copy. thanks for that info .