Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Technical & User to User help > Crash Computers Chat
Donate! Join Today

Crash Computers Chat Let's talk computers! Got a problem with your computer? Need some advice? Got any great tips?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-06-2010, 10:17   #16
Resting in Peace

Re: A very clever spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Studio25 View Post
I'd have to have a bit of fun with such a caller, as well. The "sequence of keystrokes" is probably to start up the remote assistance feature, or a link to a compromised website. I'd say I'm entering the details, while brewing up...

Then I'd see how much effort he put into "computer support" trying to establish why he can't hack into the PC. When he's finally losing the will to live, I'd say "Oh wait a minute - it's not switched on"
Doh
Old 25-06-2010, 04:43   #17
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
I had a phone call from Jackie the other day, she had a strange accent for a Jackie.
The conversation went something like this.

Jackie
Hello my name is Jackie I am from ......

Neil
Your names not Jackie

Jackie
Yes it is......

Neil
No it not, whats your real name

Jackie (she started again)
Hello my na(then she stopped) I am from such and such......

Neil
Why should I speak to you when you are lying about your name?

Jackie went quiet then so I put the phone down laughing
there not the only people who do this, airtours operators dont use tehir real names if somone has a name already.My ex was called darcie when she worked at airtours because somone who worked there3 already had teh same name as her so if you ring airtours its unlikly you are getting a real name either.

thats if airtours still exists lol

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2010, 09:06   #18

It's a good idea for call centre staff to have assumed names - That way people like me can ring up and ask for "Dan Carter" or "Denise Carlisle" and the person putting me through knows that they need to select an appropriate male or female employee who can handle a "Difficult Customer"

Studio25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2010, 09:22   #19
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Studio25 View Post
It's a good idea for call centre staff to have assumed names - That way people like me can ring up and ask for "Dan Carter" or "Denise Carlisle" and the person putting me through knows that they need to select an appropriate male or female employee who can handle a "Difficult Customer"
I always associate assumed names with con men Studio
Old 25-06-2010, 13:26   #20

Microsoft are aware of this and offer some advice.
Here.
mattylad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2010, 14:39   #21
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
I always associate assumed names with con men Studio
I would think the majority of honest people do?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..