Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Technical & User to User help > Crash Computers Chat
Donate! Join Today

Crash Computers Chat Let's talk computers! Got a problem with your computer? Need some advice? Got any great tips?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-11-2005, 12:45   #1
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Question computer trouble

just got message when i switched on- (one of the files containing systems registry data had to be recovered by use of a log or alternate copy) the recovery was sucessful. i now cannot get into most of my sites=e-mail, etc, when i log in it throws me back to my desktop,and have to open internet explorer again. i cannot use system restore cos it comes up blank? has anybody any ideas what the score is i am completely baffeled??
Old 13-11-2005, 13:11   #2
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Re: computer trouble

this is getting really serious- just been in the arcade and it won't let me play my favorite game grrr. seems to be a tiny box in top left hand corner of everthing i can't acess? how do i get rid of the damn thing please?
Old 13-11-2005, 20:51   #3
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

just realised ive put this thread in the wrong section, its me age.lol
Old 14-11-2005, 12:49   #4
I am Banned

the little box in the top corner is it a small box with a red cross in it or somthing similar

you may need to install falsh to play the games

http://sdc.shockwave.com/shockwave/d...d/download.cgi
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 07:19   #5
I am Banned

this may not be a help 2u right now but i recommend spybot sd (freeware)
and also tune-up utilities 2006 (free 30 day trail-unlockable) .... first of all
the spybot is marvellous for informing you which sites have installed /trying to
install spyware/addware/malware...(even on ebay there are spyware and addware cookies trying to access your p.c. , one particular annoying one is "ave inc"
the freeware gives you the option to permenantly block them, all free!
the second, tu2006 is a must have utility and i am pretty impressed with it
as not only can you retreive items deleted from your trash bin/p.c....or even securely shred files so that they are permenantly removed from your p.c.
but also in the rescue center it automatically creates restore points whenever a new programme has been installed .....this means that if windows
system restore buggers up (mine has in the past through spyware and malware) and you cannot restore ....just go to your trusty tu-2006 and restore from there! ...it even changes logon and boot screens .... give it a trail .....you will be impressed.....i hope you can make use of this information
all the best
the real michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 20:11   #6
land of hope and glory

think i have solved the problem cashman!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ****er.jpg (51.8 KB, 20 views)
staggeringman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2006, 07:46   #7
Resting in Peace

If people will please check the date of Cashman's first post you will find it was last year and i can tell you it has been sorted .
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..