Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Technical & User to User help > Crash Computers Chat
Donate! Join Today

Crash Computers Chat Let's talk computers! Got a problem with your computer? Need some advice? Got any great tips?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-05-2004, 21:17   #1

e-mail problems

advice required my e-mails are going out alright but some coming in are being diverted My overseas ones are not arriving but my uk ones get through alright
keith is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 06-05-2004, 11:33   #2
Resting in Peace

Re: e-mail problems

What windows, what mail, what server?
more details please
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2004, 11:52   #3
Roy
Administrator

Are you using virus protection software that checks your emails before they get to your inbox? I had a problem once with norton antivirus just eating some of my emails... might be worth a look. Or, if you are with AOL or another such evil provider then it might actually be your settings that are stopping your emails coming through, best to email your ISP tech support if thats the case.
Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2004, 17:44   #4

If you have Norton Internet Security, look in the Norton Anti-Spam Folder in Outlook Express / your e-mail client, some e-mails do get put in there by mistake.
Old 06-05-2004, 19:21   #5

I am on windows 98 my ISP is onetel .com and I am on there mailzone On two separate evenings have tried to ring their help line and there instructions on line are baffling and I cant make them understand my problems it seems there operaters must be in india Tonight when I turned on my computer I had two e-mails from mod oracle and micks message from accrington web
Old 07-05-2004, 06:16   #6
Roy
Administrator

Well if you recieved the email from accrington web then you are recieving international emails. Our server is located in the USA.
Old 08-05-2004, 20:28   #7

Last night I e-mailed onetel .com explaining my troubles with e-mails when I switched on my computer tonight there was a email from them saying they had received my e-mail and would contact me at a later date Besides onetels e-mail I had roys message plus another accrington web message and three from mod oracle but I was expecting one from my daughter who lives in gisburn having sent her a e-mail on thursday explaining my e-mail problems and for her to e-mail me back but on talking to her on the phone today her e-mail to me had been returned to her but she had received my e-mail she is on AOL I wondered could that be the reason of the sendback
Old 08-05-2004, 20:48   #8
Roy
Administrator

Well i wouldn't trust AOL to get anything right with emails, so it wouldn't surprise me if they have now enabled send blocking so that malicous viruses AND normal messages can't get out. But, this is just my attitude to them (i hate aol, i really do), and I actually doubt if it is a problem caused by them. You need to check your email account settings in outlook or outlook express and check that the email address entered as your own is correct. Also check the reply to email address and confirm with your daughter that she is sending an email to the correct address for you.
You wouldn't believe the amount of people who get emails wrong when they apply to join accrington web!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..