Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Technical & User to User help > Crash Computers Chat
Donate! Join Today

Crash Computers Chat Let's talk computers! Got a problem with your computer? Need some advice? Got any great tips?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-02-2005, 11:48   #1

Help - PC Doctor

Can anyone recommend a good, reasonable priced PC doctor. I need one for this damn shed of a PC but i don't want to go to anyone that isn't recommened. Also they will need to come to the house as i can't get it to them.

Thanks.

Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 17-02-2005, 12:57   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Help - PC Doctor

What's wrong with it Sara?

vorlon24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2005, 13:44   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara
Can anyone recommend a good, reasonable priced PC doctor. I need one for this damn shed of a PC but i don't want to go to anyone that isn't recommened. Also they will need to come to the house as i can't get it to them.

Thanks.
would post first what the prob is you never know someone might know a solution or if all else fails pc solutions at rose grove they are in the yellow pages and sorted mine and a few others i know in the past they pick and drop off and set it back up for you and will explane everything in detail and ad any software free of charge to help so it doesnt happen again and they are cheaper than most of the others ive been to including collecting and dropping off
Old 17-02-2005, 14:04   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by vorlon24
What's wrong with it Sara?
Think it's full of virus's. Daren't use e-mail just in case. Ran my virus check but it keeps coming up with nothing detected, but i am sure there is. Also it keeps coming up with files missing. Tried installing windows but to no avial. So what i really want is a good overall. Eventually i want a new one, but shall have to wait until the Easter hols. Then i am just going to use this one for word unless of course i get it fixed and it's okay.

Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2005, 18:28   #5
God Member

Sara,
what anti virus are you running and when was it last updated? as in the other thread you need to also install some anti spyware. another question is what version of windows is it and what firewall software do you have.

Ian
entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2005, 22:40   #6
I am Banned

on a note about spyware

adaware has spyware in it lol i ran 2 different spyware programs one time to see which found the most and both found them in adaware lol

anyway no matter how much you protect your pc you will always get spyware to some extent but a good firewall and staying away from mucky sites or http mp3 downloading sites etc will minimize spyware ( also not clicking popups helps)
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2005, 23:31   #7

Reboot in safemode then do a virus scan,do the same with adaware.If u find offending files that can't be deleted search for them manually in safemode and delete them.
PILKYBUSDRIVER is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..