Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Technical & User to User help > Crash Computers Chat
Donate! Join Today

Crash Computers Chat Let's talk computers! Got a problem with your computer? Need some advice? Got any great tips?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-09-2007, 12:12   #1
Senior Member+

Laptop help please...

I know nothing about pc's and less about laptops.... my daughter has been given my late stepdad's laptop, it's an Acer Aspire 5633 WLMi....problem is we don't know what his password was.
We have had many guesses but no luck, to reset the password we need to " insert a floppy disk or connect a USB flash drive and then try again"
Does that mean anything to anyone out there and can I have it translated to idiot speak for me please ?
Old 08-09-2007, 12:32   #2
God Member

Re: Laptop help please...

Is the laptop asking for a password before loading windows? or is Windows asking for it.

If it's Windows, then you only need to restore the laptop to it's factory settings. unfortunatly doing this will wipe all the information and files.
Redash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 14:39   #3
God Member

Chris could probably crack into it for you - if you want to pop it round he'll have a look at it for you.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 17:07   #4
Senior Member+

Thanks for the help but it's sorted ! Len's daughter reckoned he may have used his old army number as his password and it was !
Old 17-09-2007, 17:50   #5
Resting in peace

All passwords can be changed, in the router or the computer,that was a good gues,but not the end of the world.Our wireless 'Orangelivebox wireless router's webkey no was a series of 26 digits stamped on the box bottom, this was changed as we had an engineer in at a cost to enable it to work with Windows Vista and XP at the same time.We have a Packard Bell, tower pc,'XP' a IBM Laptop,'XP' and a CompQ running 'Vista', Anything designed by man/woman can be altered by man/woman. The only thing to remember about simple electronics is a plus will not go into a minus, that is why vista is a pest the software manufactured pre vista does not always work with it. Glad to see you got sorted, apologies for the long winded reply, as need to 'talk' to someone now I seem to have recovered.

Last edited by Ianto.W.; 17-09-2007 at 17:53.
Ianto.W. is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..