Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Technical & User to User help > Crash Computers Chat
Donate! Join Today

Crash Computers Chat Let's talk computers! Got a problem with your computer? Need some advice? Got any great tips?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-04-2009, 22:03   #16

Re: looking for pc repair in oswaldtwistle

Quote:
Originally Posted by rational777 View Post
hi all new to accy web
thought i comment on this in particular as i know the guys at mpc as they repaired my computer a couple of times . i dont know if accyman is mistaken but the service i received is first class there are some of the most honest lads i come across. They were recommended by others to me rather then overcharge they have many time provided free services were others would charge . and theres not a change there would use illegal copy of windows.

Now now I do have the sneaking suspicion this is the owner of the aforementioned shop.
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 07-04-2009, 22:47   #17
God Member

i did say in my origional post that i wasnt sayin ALL the shops work was dodgy but the onboard graphics were certainly not faulty and teh new 3d card was not needed and it was the hard drive at fault not anything else on teh system

i have no reason to lie about this and without coming across as a smart arse quite a few peopel on here can vouch for me that i know my way around computers enough to diagnose and fix problems just like a few others on here can and have done for other members

even if the hard drive fault wasnt as noticable back when the work was done there was still absolutley no need for a new graphics card to be installed as the onboard one is working fine and is continueing to do so as i have removed the card that was installed and put it in another system for them

fair play if there are plenty of people happy with the service provided , they can come here and post their happiness but people also have the right to say when somthing is amiss or not quite right

i aksed the compuers owner these questions

1: where did you get it done - the computer shop near the post office on union road

2: what did they do - they put a new graphics card in and re-installed windows (WGAfix was present on c:drive thats why i assumed dodgy copy )

3: how long did they have it - ages

4: do you want me to take a look at it - yes please

2 hours later new hard drive purchased & fitted ,installed xp and system running perfect ever since

i am not recomending rival companies and am certainly not touting for buisness as i have my work cut out running around after family who keep loosing or deleting things they shoudnt

i would much rather recomend a local buisness than send somone to those overcharging clowns at PC world but i will also post both negative and positive experiences

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Last edited by accyman; 07-04-2009 at 22:52.
accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 09:51   #18

hi all

firstly no i am not the owner of mpc my name is kevin and i do live in ossy secondary i will be poping in to the shop later in the week to mention this post to him. i for one will be very surprized if it is them i suggest u send the customer conccerned to them .
rational777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 11:22   #19
God Member

the ex customer had no desire to return to the shop and that is their choice, i did say take it back at the time but like they said they had no recipt and it was last year when it was done and all they wanted was the computer fixing as soon as possible with as little messing about and fuss as possible

i made this thread because i was shocked by what i found and to point out to others to be more inquisitive about what is done to tehir computers when they take them for repair and get full explinations as to why the work needs doing wherever they take them

£90 is a lot of money to fork over for somthing that isnt needed ,if the computer had been brought to me a lot sooner i would have taken it back myself but with no recipt and with the amount of time that had passed the likelyhood of getting a desirable result would have demished quite a lot i would say

in all seriousness how far do you realy think the customer would have got if after 4 or 5 months they walked into a shop with no recipt saying that the 3d card wasnt needed and they wernt happy and wanted the card taking out and refunding the cost

this thread is regarding 1 customer and i am sure they have many happy customers who are more than welcome to come here and state they are happy customers just like you did

all buisnesses have people who recomend them and people who would not and thanks to things like the internet people can share experiences good or bad

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Old 08-04-2009, 11:33   #20
mez
God Member

he already knows about this post does imran he will eventually get round to viewing it, but is quite busy at the moment.
Old 08-04-2009, 13:26   #21

Hope you are all having a good time on this thread and as for mpc shop you find me a cheaper service and i will comend you . have been using the shop ever since it opened and no complaints what so ever
All i can say is be very careful what you do post about it and make sure you get your facts right before slagging it off.
bondi38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 13:36   #22
God Member

bondi, it is someones opinion about the place.....and if it saves us money by not going there and getting ripped off then i always value someones opinion on things like that

its a heads up and i for one appreciate that even if you dont
Old 08-04-2009, 14:12   #23
God Member

like iv said , anyone can join in and post how happy they are and im glad your happy with what you had done

if more people come forward saying how happy they are then it may show that this incident was a one off occurance in a long list of otherwise happy customers

thats how people form an opinion , i shared my opinion and others have shared theirs

i havnt replied to people who posted that they are happy saying they are wrong , the thread is here and open for anyone to post how happy they are or how unhappy they are

Old 08-04-2009, 14:49   #24

Well ok then i am very sorry if i sounded offensive but i really didnt mean to be i was just stating my opinion as you say people are entitaled to do maybe you took it the wrong way.
bondi38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2009, 20:15   #25

last weekend I bought a humax foxsat hd dtv recorder on setting it up which I did successfully I found out that I would need two sky aerial points in order to be able to record more than one thing which you can only do with the single connection The argos website made no mention of this and on checking on the box it came in at the very bottom of the box in very small letters it said two sky points would be needed The performance of the box is terrific the hd brilliant but my main thing I got the box for was to record Where I live is a anchor estabishment everyone as a sky point but as this is part of everyones rent I can not erect another aerial or interfere with the present setup is there any one on this web that knows any way round this problem maybe a coupling to fit the sky point which you have to screw in to any way I would grateful for any advice I dont to be left feeling I have wasted my money
keith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2009, 20:18   #26
God Member

you might want to put this in a thread of its own, it might not get seen in here
Old 22-04-2009, 20:56   #27
God Member

you should speak to teh landlord . If you wanted Sky+ that too would need 2 wires so it is really up to them to provide a fit for purpose feed particularly if you are paying for it as paart of your rent.

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 22:09   #28

MPC sorted mine out and i was very happy with the service !!
the one near the co op has only been there a month or so and moved from abbey st ! (his other half has the underwear shop on abbey st) and is movin to ossy soon !
ian1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2010, 19:17   #29

mpc i have something to say about them>
TYRE KICKERS
MESSERS
TIME WASTERS
Just don't bother with them they are just a pain that bull you all the time.
I took my phone there and they said it would be 1 day, rang back the next day and they told me it would be another day. 1 and 1/4 weeks later after taking it there I still haven't got my phone back.

Last edited by Neil; 27-07-2010 at 19:26. Reason: edited to make sense
widnes viking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2010, 15:29   #30

dont go to the one near librey they charged my gf 60 pound for a laptop repait they siaad they was putting new hard drive in they had done nothing they theives i would pref go on in town or blackburn
02hudsond is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..