Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Technical & User to User help > Crash Computers Chat
Donate! Join Today

Crash Computers Chat Let's talk computers! Got a problem with your computer? Need some advice? Got any great tips?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-08-2003, 21:36   #1
Junior Member+

Post PC TecZone Explained

Hello.

I understand there has been a discussion about the standing of PC TecZone and would like to answer those concerned.

We have been in existance on the internet under the name of PC Club Aid sice 2000. If you go to google.com and type in PC Club Aid, there we will be.

ABOUT MY NAME
In 2001, I was email bombed by a mouse button happy Microsoft certified engineer for comments made about MCE's in general. For airing my point of view. The decision was taken to use an alias to protect my families identity. Thank you to those who have posted my name.

Whilst I appreciate Micks comments about me when he realised who I was and indeed those of cazzer, I would emphasis the importance of Internet Privacy. Disclosing anothers name on the internet, without the induviduals consent is a prosecutable offence.

I would also like to encourage the forum administrator who initially questioned our existance, that if he has any questions about our world wide club, to please post them to me in any manner he see fit.

PC TecZone is a non-profit making organization existing primarily for the benefit of its Members. Any profits left over each quater is donated to charities. Since the launch of our retail outlet in Accrington, PC TecZone has firmly established itself as the "new users place to be." We help users of all levels offering full technical support across the Windows spectre. More information can be obtained from one of two locations.

By email to our secretary in Indianapolis USA.
By email to our head office in Lancashire UK.

[email protected]

[email protected]
Oscar is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 11-08-2003, 23:44   #2
Caz
God Member

Post Re: PC TecZone Explained

Don't you think, Oscar, that being enigmatic has caused a cetain amount of this confusion in the first place?

Maybe to someone on the other side of the world it doesn't make any difference, but it does in Accy!

[quote author=Oscar link=board=cchl;num=1060637816;start=0#0 date=08/11/03 at 22:36:56]
Thank you to those who have posted my name.
Whilst I appreciate Micks comments about me when he realised who I was and indeed those of cazzer, I would emphasis the importance of Internet Privacy. Disclosing anothers name on the internet, without the induviduals consent is a prosecutable offence.
[/quote]

Just to set the record straight Oscar, never at any time was your true identity revealed by me. The statement you made makes it appear that the opposite was the case. I do realise the importance of Internet privacy, and find it patronising that you think otherwise.  >

I am not young enough to know everything.
- Oscar Wilde
Caz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2003, 01:25   #3
Junior Member+

Enigmatic=
Of or resembling an enigma; puzzling: a professor's enigmatic grading system.

I'm not sure others would agree with you however I do respect your opinion.

I guess I just get a little protective when people question something I have dedicated my life too.

You know, I never thought I would be sat here at 2.10 in the morning typing an on-going apology for recent misunderstandings. This is the main reason I didn't want to enter into any display of what some might see as advertising. As it is, our web site displays what I want to say in a friendly and approachable manner. This image has taken three years to build. Forum's are an excellent source of valuable information, sharing and meeting new people, and if offered, I would like to contribute where I can, but to display ones wares on a forum such as this is another subject believe me, I have been around too long to conclude otherwise.

People who know me know how I work. I am an absolutist who always speaks his mind. If you don't like my answer, then don't ask the question! Some web sites broadcast live help classes with live video streaming. I'm glad I don't, I would most certainly put my foot in it.

I sincerely hope that this goes some way to explain where I am coming from. In short, I can be a friend, or be someone you dislike. Personally, it matters not to me, however, I would prefer people to appreciate me for who I am. Amongst other things, honest.

Regards
Oscar
Oscar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2003, 03:06   #4
I am Banned

All your life since 2000 ?

How come your allowed to hide your name but then your wife asks why the forum admin hides his? I dont really care..My name aint real and I would be surprised if anyones was.. but it seems iffy that one of you is saying its acceptable while the other one is having a pop a admin for not showing his....

Considering your so called experience on messageboards your making a pigs ear of joining in with this one..
HarryX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2003, 04:41   #5
I am Banned

[quote author=HarryX link=board=cchl;num=1060637816;start=0#3 date=08/12/03 at 04:06:56]All your life since 2000 ?

How come your allowed to hide your name but then your wife asks why the forum admin hides his? I dont really care..My name aint real and I would be surprised if anyones was.. but it seems iffy that one of you is saying its acceptable while the other one is having a pop a admin for not showing his....

Considering your so called experience on messageboards your making a pigs ear of joining in with this one..
[/quote]
Yeah, took me a while to track down all the tec-zone posts so I'd agree with that.

What's wrong with advertising your wares - thought that was what you were all about mate, helping people!
Quite frankly I think your attitude in this forum stinks.
Are we not entitled to a clear explanation of where our money is going and an explanation of what you do, seeing as you are so charitable? After all there are so many internet scams around, and you of all people with your experience should know that!

As similarly said in another post, a straight forward, clear and yes,polite reply in the first place would have  done the trick instead of all the sarcasm.

Royboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2003, 08:57   #6
Junior Member+

I don't know how to rectify this because you all have us down wrong. Oscar is not usually sarcastic although I do have to admit a couple of his posts could be taken that way, but I think that's due to his 'hackles being raised'.
I asked about 'forum administrator' not putting his name, (wether it be a nickname or his real name) because it just seemed a bit formal and unapproachable, like he's high and mighty and no one can critisize him, that's all.

Oscar has been involved with computers for nearly 20 years, which was what he meant by 'all his life'

Now I think I better bow out of this forum, before I make things worse, (if I did it would be accidental, but anything we say seems to have an adverse affect). It's a shame because we are part of Accrington too, and I would have liked to become a regular visitor to this forum and become good friends with all of you. :'(
GinaGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2003, 11:49   #7
I am Banned

The worse thing you can do is run away.  Your missing the point that everyone is entitled to an opinion ..this includes YOU!  But you cant seem to get to grips that we are all allowed to respond if we dont agree to it.

I dont think coming in here telling everyone off and being sarcastic was the rght approach.. But running away wont help.. stick around you have as much right here as anyone else.. I am sure we will all get used to your attitude hehe.. everyone got used to mine

Both of you stick around. join in and move on to other subjects... My only advice is that you dont take the we know it all approach because some of us on here might just know more that yer 20 years man....

Is this a good tme to say yer websites crap or should I leave that to later?

JOKE !!!!!!
HarryX is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..