Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Technical & User to User help > Crash Computers Chat
Donate! Join Today

Crash Computers Chat Let's talk computers! Got a problem with your computer? Need some advice? Got any great tips?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-08-2005, 19:29   #1
Len
God Member

Sony DVD RW DW-D22A: help

Can anyone help?
I have a ‘Sony DVD RW DW-D22A’ I have had it for about 6 months and from day one it has never been able to play DVD’s for some reason. I can burn ordinary CD’s but unable to burn DVD’s
I’m also using Windows XP Home edition.
The software that I’m using to produce my ordinary CD’s and DVD’s is ‘Roxio Easy Media Creator 7’ and I have had nothing but trouble with this software. Every problem that I have encountered is apparently (so I am told by online support) down to my writer, so I upgraded to the Sony and still the problems persists.
Is there anything I can do to my Sony DVD RW DW-D22A so that it will play DVD’s?
Len is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 09-08-2005, 02:32   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Sony DVD RW DW-D22A: help

Could be that you need to upgrade your firmware for your burner,as that sets new write strategies for new media thats out..and the media you are using can and will cause the problem you are having..and the newer burners are having problems writing in platinum DVDxcopy or xpress..as those programs have not been updated for over a year and a half..so your burner can be out of the loop..

Firmware is programming that is inserted into a programmable memory area of your drive, thus becoming a permanent part of a drive. This 'software' is called firmware and can be updated with a firmware flasher. Every company has its own methods to allow you to do a firmware upgrade. A firmware upgrade can add new functionality to your drive. Also bug fixes and improvements are done by firmware upgrades. To find you firmware go to your burner homepage and find the firmware for you make and model or http://codeguys.rpc1.org/firmwares.html good luck.

Bazf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 23:17   #3
Len
God Member

thanks for that Bazf
I shall look into it.
Old 10-08-2005, 08:25   #4
God Member

Len Can you confirm, in two sentances you say to PLAY DVDs in eth other you talk about burning them. Is it one, the other or both?

Ian
entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2005, 11:49   #5
Len
God Member

It won’t play DVD’s or burn to DVD’s.

If I I try and play a pre-recorded DVD, say a movie of what ever, it will not play it or if I try and burn to a DVD it will not burn either.
Old 10-08-2005, 11:52   #6
God Member

Will it read Data DVDs? What DVD playing software have you got(WinDVD, PowerDVD etc) Is it region Locked(try DVDGenie to see/unlock it).

As for burning, what sort of stuff are you trying to burn(data/video etc) and what format is it in(MPEG, AVI etc)

Ian
entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2005, 18:55   #7
Len
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by entwisi
Will it read Data DVDs? What DVD playing software have you got(WinDVD, PowerDVD etc) Is it region Locked(try DVDGenie to see/unlock it).

As for burning, what sort of stuff are you trying to burn(data/video etc) and what format is it in(MPEG, AVI etc)

Ian

Quote:
Originally Posted by entwisi
Will it read Data DVDs?
yes no problem.

Quote:
What DVD playing software have you got(WinDVD, PowerDVD etc)
did have PowerDVD no joy now just installed winDVD no joy.

Quote:
Is it region Locked(try DVDGenie to see/unlock it).
dont know. hehe
i've just uploaded DVD Genie and that looks well over my head.

I think I shall just take it back to use-it and see if they can sort it.

Last edited by Len; 10-08-2005 at 19:02.
Old 10-08-2005, 20:26   #8
Senior Member+

I noticed that the numbers of the sony were d22a which I think is mainly sold in Canada so could be region locked. opps just seen Ians post sorry.

Bazf is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..