Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Technical & User to User help > Crash Computers Chat
Donate! Join Today

Crash Computers Chat Let's talk computers! Got a problem with your computer? Need some advice? Got any great tips?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-08-2003, 21:20   #16
Junior Member+

Post Re: Monitors

I will post a new thread on this subject titled. "PC TecZone Explained."
Oscar is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 11-08-2003, 21:33   #17
Junior Member+

Can I ask why the Forum Administrator does not have a name, and why does he have to presume that people are automatically con artists? I don't want to get anybody's back up or anything, just wondering.

I'm Oscar's wife and although I suppose some would say I'm biased, most people that know us will tell you that we try to be as fair and honest as possible. I know that Oscar goes out of his way to help people and it upsets me when people start putting a label on him that is not a true description. :'(

Anyway, I'll get off my horse now and get on with ironing his shirt for tomorrow, so he will look as smart as possible for all the wonderful people of Accy. [smiley=cheers.gif] [smiley=cheers.gif]
GinaGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2003, 02:14   #18
I am Banned

Whats wrong with the name forum admn?  or do you think all the other names used on this messageboard are real?  duh ?

Also just like me, you and everyone else he is entitled to his opinion and just like me , you and everyone else he has the right to be wrong...if he is..

As for your snipes about the wonderfull people of accrington?  great.. one person upsets you and you slag us all off.... welcome to the forum
HarryX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2003, 16:30   #19
Forum Admin

[quote author=GinaGee link=board=cchl;num=1058948699;start=0#36 date=08/11/03 at 22:33:43]Can I ask why the Forum Administrator does not have a name, and why does he have to presume that people are automatically con artists? I don't want to get anybody's back up or anything, just wondering. [/quote]

I agree with HarryX on this, and it isn't a good idea for everyone to know your true identity. Anyone who has half an idea what they are doing with a computer connected to the internet can find out exactly who I am within a matter of minutes. It is not difficult, ask your husband. There are so many internet scams out there I am cautious, just like everyone else. Refer to my other post for more details.

Quote:
I'm Oscar's wife and although I suppose some would say I'm biased, most people that know us will tell you that we try to be as fair and honest as possible. I know that Oscar goes out of his way to help people and it upsets me when people start putting a label on him that is not a true description. :'(
I didn't say he wouldn't help, your own website says that!
Old 12-08-2003, 19:31   #20
Junior Member+

Post Re: Tec Zone Chapter1

Quote:
Also just like me, you and everyone else he is entitled to his opinion and just like me , you and everyone else he has the right to be wrong...if he is..
I agree with Harry, and does that not also mean that Oscar should be entitled to be wrong about some things (if he is), or does he have to be perfect. After all you lot need something to slag him off about don't you?

Quote:
I didn't say he wouldn't help, your own website says that!
It did say on our website that at the present time software support could not be given for that one particular product.
This was due to an issue he had with the program that he hadn't had chance to sort out. He has since rectified the problem and has stated this on the website. He can now offer support on this program as well as everything else, although he has missed taking off the offending words "Due to lack of resources at this time, we cannot offer technical support for Oscars Sound Recorder." from the website, but I will draw his attention to this as soon as possible.

Thankyou for finally answering forum administrator. It's a shame you missed the firworks last night. We all had a great time getting the wrong end of the stick, didn't we Cazzer? But OOOps am I being sarcastic again?

As for you name forum administrator, I know all too well how important it can be to protect your identity on the net, and I also know how to get peoples information so I don't have to ask my husband (sorry but I found that a little patronising).
I was merely stating that 'forum administrator' doesn't sound very friendly or approachable for newcomers (or should I say that in my humble opinion I don't think it does). A nickname or something would maybe be better that's all.
Old 12-08-2003, 21:06   #21

Watch you dont fall off that horse gina it must be huuuuuuge!!! [smiley=uzi.gif] [smiley=uzi.gif]

People work for money!
If you want loyalty, get a dog!!!
WINGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2003, 21:11   #22
Forum Admin

I do have an alter ego that a few people do know, however at the time i was logged in as admin. very sorry, but it still doesn't matter about that really does it? Forum Admin or Mr Banana - I still said what I said!
Old 12-08-2003, 21:28   #23

ive never seen a mr banana logged on before!

People work for money!
If you want loyalty, get a dog!!!
WINGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2003, 21:28   #24
Junior Member+

No Mr Banana it doesn't matter at all. It was a VERY minor observation I was making at the start, which along with every thing else has been blown way out of all proportion.

Hello Mr Wingy. My horse isn't actually that big and he's very cute and cuddly. I've got a lion too and plenty of bears, and none of them are huge either lol  ;D

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..